[1] The Reckoning

Stepping outside my car, and taking in the air, I could already tell something was different about the town I had called my home for 14 years. Maybe it was because they remodeled everything since I left, but I had a gut feeling that it was because of the vampire population growing. 

I walked into Mystic Falls High, I had already registered myself from California, knowing I would be completing my senior year here. Though I was sad leaving California, you kind of have to when you find out your sister was sacrificed by a hybrid dick.

I contacted Jenna before she died, wanting it to be a surprise for Elena and Jeremy, but since Jenna was sacrificed as well, I decided to come earlier then I was suppose to. I looked around the school halls, seeing seniors swarming the halls for senior prank night. I smiled to myself as I looked around the familiar halls I hadn't stepped in since the middle of freshmen year. 

My now guardian, Alaric Saltzman, informed me I could stay, knowing that Elena and everyone else would likely want me to be there. I had butterflies in my stomach from the excitement bubbling up inside me. Daydreaming, I bumped into a hard chest. 

"Oh sorr-"  A sweaty Matt stopped as he recognized me. "Oh my god! Emma!" Matt exclaimed. 

"Mattie!" I laughed. Matt and I were close friends before I left. He was always the one who did the right thing, which I appreciated. But from the look of it, it seems he's changed in more ways then one. We talked for a bit, him obviously wondering how I've been in L.A, and me wondering how everyone has been holding up in Mystic Falls.

"Hey, so you're actually the only one who knows I'm here besides Alaric." I smirked. He nodded understanding and went into the classroom they were all in. Though when he did, he set off a bunch of mouse traps everyone was working on. 

"Aw, come on!" Caroline whined. "Seriously?! Do you know how long it took us to set all this up?!" Caroline complained. 

"Forgot about Senior Prank night, huh?" Tyler asked. "Clearly." Matt chuckles. "But I think you guys can forgive me once you see who I brought with me." I heard Matt say. I walked in and smiled. Everyone went wide eyed and speechless.

"Hey guys!" I waved. Elena ran over to me, jumping in my arms, in tears. "Emma!" she squealed. I laughed as my eyes started getting watery. "Hey Lena." I chuckled. Caroline vamp speeded over to me and pulled me into a hug crying as well.

"Care Bear!" I exclaimed. She laughed and hugged me tighter. When Elena and Caroline pulled me out of their embrace, I ran over to one of the most important people in my life, Bonnie Bennett. We sobbed as we clutched onto each other for dear life.

"I didn't think I would ever see you again." Bonnie sobbed. "I guess I'm full of surprises, aren't I?" I laughed. After what felt like minutes, we finally pulled away. I wiped Bonnie's tears off her face and smiled at her. 

I then turned to Tyler. I ran over and pulled him into a hug. "Hey Emma." He chuckled. "Hi Ty." I grinned. Tyler and I were good friends when I still went to school here, with the exception of me pestering him about being nicer to other kids. 

When the reunion episode was finally over, I smirked at everyone. "What's with the face?" Elena laughed. "I don't know... It's not like I'm going to go to school here for senior year or anything like that.." I said sarcastically with a grin on my face. Everyone's jaws dropped. Bonnie, Elena and Caroline squealed while Tyler and Matt gave me nods with smiles.

"Alright, enough talk about me! Back to senior prank night! I'll help set the traps back up!" I said with a funny business face on. Bonnie and Elena giggled while Caroline gave me a playful glare when I mentioned the mouse traps.