Jungkook couldn't hold back. "Is Taehyung here?"

Jaemin's features were dominated by a wide grin. "Yeah, he is. And holy shit. But take a look yourself." He quickly slipped past them towards the restaurant kitchen and left the two of them on their own again.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows but nodded. Jaemin moved to the side, taking up some casual conversation with Soyeon, while Jungkook started greeting people sitting around the desk. Most of them hardly changed, aside from the fact that they looked a slight bit more mature. But the feel to the group was still the same.

The conversations were just as easy going as they used to be. To Jungkook's disappointment Taehyung wasn't anywhere around the table. "It's good to see you again Kookie. How's life going?" Minnie asked softly, coming to a halt next to him.

"I'm doing good. Got a job as a photographer. The pay is alright. Just enough to live a good life." The boy stated, running his hand through his hair. "How about you?"

"Oh, I just got a job at my mother's company. She wants me to take over business once she gets too old. Also..." She looked past Jungkook, staring at something behind him. "Who's that? Is he from our class?"

Just when Jungkook was about to turn around a deep voice came from behind him. "Jungkookie." A more than familiar nickname said by a voice Jungkook never heard before. When he turned around, he came face to face with a guy, about as tall as him, maybe even a bit taller, with bright brown eyes, gray grown out hair and strong eyebrows. The male was handsome. That much Jungkook realized, even with his preference for more boyish looking guys.

The guy smiled at him like he knew something Jungkook apparently missed. In his head Jungkook made a list of every guy that used to be part of their class and compared them to the man. But none of them matched and Jungkook was left clueless.

"Uhm. Who are you?" Jungkook finally asked.

A look of hurt passed the other's face but was it masked with a smile. "Gosh, everyone keeps asking me that. I can't look that different." A deep chuckle filled the other's lungs. Even Jungkook had no idea who he was. That didn't hurt. Not at all.

"You used to spend a lot of time with me. I kind of expected at least you to recognize me." One look at Jungkook's confused face told him that there was no point in beating around the bush any longer. "You're hurting my feelings you know. Taehyung."

Jungkook just stared at him for a couple of seconds, not grasping what the guy was trying to say. What did Taehyung have to do with this. He opened his mouth a couple of times. "You're... a friend of Taehyung?"

The broad shouldered guy sighed. "I AM Taehyung. Not a friend. I am him."

It took Jungkook a couple of seconds to process that information. He stood there frozen, while Minnie grasped her chance to join the conversation. "Oh wow, Taehyungie. You have become a man. I'm impressed." She chuckled, eying him up and down. "Do you work out?"

Taehyung chuckled but shook his head. "Not a lot." A small look of disappointment crossed Minnie's face. "Well, we still have Jungkook in that department. Anyways, you look amazing now. I can't believe you're the same guy though." She was flirting. Jungkook could tell. And Taehyung didn't seem bothered by that.

Probably was used to it. Taehyung was used to being hit on. That made no sense. Not to Jungkook at least. For some reason he felt like something had been taken from him. He had really looked forward to this. Looked forward to meeting the guy he used to have the biggest crush on in high school. His little baby. The boy he would protect from anyone who would even dare to insult him or sent disgusted glances towards him.

But now that he saw him, he felt a certain anger. This wasn't his Taehyungie. The guy in front of him was the same kind of guy Jungkook despised. Used to attention, good with girls and probably as fake as it gets.

There was no way this could be Taehyung.

"You model? Seriously? Like I totally get it but wow." Another girl from their class had joined the conversation between Taehyung and Minnie. Both of them pestering him with questions.

Jungkook didn't even notice the small glances Taehyung kept sending his way. All he saw was the bashful smile on Taehyung's lips as he ran his hand through his hair and laughed at the girl's compliments.

A/N

I will be updating about every third day~

I hope ya'll enjoy this!