Chapter seven Part one

Start from the beginning

If Franca was attractive yesterday, she was absolutely gorgeous today. Tyler looked into her eyes and felt uneasy. By the accusing look he got from her, he knew she saw him looking at her. Her eyes showed shock, sadness, anger, disapproval and a tinge of infatuation if that was possible. The emotion that stood out the most was sadness. What could have made her this sad? He thought. Deciding on not dwelling on it, he spoke.

"I made pancakes for you, here" He handed her the pancakes. He knew he was attractive, but it unnerved him how Franca thought nothing of it. How can she resist me? He hollowly thought angry with himself for his attraction towards her and how callously she had dismissed him.

"Thank you, Tyler" Franca replied adding syrup and blueberries on her pancakes. She dug in her pancakes, not once giving him a glimpse.

"Tyler, it tastes really good" Franca said, wanting to create a friendly atmosphere between them.

"I am glad you like it, my mum thought me how to cook" Tyler answered waiting for her response. His mother, being Italian was a good cook. She thought him how to cook because she wanted her son to save money on food when he left for College.

"Remind me to thank her when next I see her" Franca retorted finally looking at him. She was delighted that he made her breakfast.

Tyler felt at ease. He had thought, she could still hold grudges against him but he had been wrong. She was a better person than I, Tyler thought, sighing.

"Ethan, my best friend will be holding his birthday today. It's perfect you are already dressed, knowing it takes ages for you women to dress" He said in a sarcastic tone.

"The clothes I am wearing aren't for partying Tyler, I would have to change before we go, and I do not take ages to dress, sexist" She snorted rolling her eyes.

"Whatever"   Tyler replied in a 'valley girl' tone. Franca couldn't help the laughter that came out of her mouth. She decided to be cordial towards him; he had broken the metaphorical wall she had built, to keep him out.

Tyler grinned, happy to have stopped the awkwardness that was between them. Couldn't she see that I am starting to harbour feeling towards her, not to the extent of love but still feelings somewhat Tyler thought. Tyler picked up the phone to dial Ethan.

Ethan picked up. "Hey dude, what's up?" Are you coming to my party tonight?" Ethan asked, anxiously waiting to hear Tyler's reply.

"Yes of course. What are best friends for" Tyler answered wondering what prompted his question.

They had been best friends, for many years, he cared to remember. They were practically brothers; they told everything to each other. Ethan was random and he loved him for it. Ethan although popular at school, was an oddball. He asked and said the most unexpected of things.  His six pack, greyish blue eyes and athletic frame coupled with his dark raven like brooding eyes made up for his weirdness. He had a dangerous charming way about him which made girls fall for him; Tyler's other friends would say, gaining a slap on their head from Ethan. Tyler chuckled at the memory.

"What are you laughing at, Tyler?" You better not change my mind, it's my birthday dude" Ethan said worriedly.

Choosing to ignore Ethan's question he replied. "I will come Ethan, I shall be bringing a girl with me" Tyler said, a feeling of foreboding surrounding him.

What if Jessica caused a nuisance at Ethan's party he thought? Brushing it off, he waited for Ethan's reply.

"When are you not with a girl?" Ethan said rolling his eyes.

"Pot calling kettle black" Tyler said, laughing.

Tyler couldn't believe that Ethan was reprimanding him when they were both the same. Birds of the same feathers flock together and all that.