Nude In Front Of The Royals

Start from the beginning

Dash. Dot. Dash. Dash.

A sob left me. "I love you too."

The mirrored edge of the world has broken into a million pieces, too thick to ever see through, but still, the music comes.

Relief floods my existence.

The dulcet golden melody washes over everything, leaving a sort of glow in its wake. Honeyed, sweetly mellow, liquid, rich, smooth, euphonious. Slowly, slowly-slowly, I gain my balance.

Strong arms wrap around me. The comfort is different than before. Not maternal love. No something else. "Come on, smile for me Ace. Your face is so much prettier when you smile."

The voice, a strange mixture between it being as smooth as silk and as rough as sandpaper. Honey blonde hair and a young boyish grin crosses my vision. "Make me," I replied, just as easily, the words leaving my lips before I could stop them.

The tall boy grins as he kisses me, his arms holding me close, refusing to let me go.

But I'm dragged away, forced to leave the solace that I missed so much.

A sharp pain had me crying out. I glanced down to see vines ripping themselves out of my wrists. In perfect neat little lines. A sob escaped me as white dots danced in my vision, darkness edging closer. Then it healed. Leaving behind nothing but thin little scars.

I was pushed into somewhere I didn't want to be. I had nowhere to go but in there. There where it was nothing but shadows, the screams of terror were silent to ones who could hear. The tears of the pain were the happiness of one's face. The scars on my arms were teased. The hands that had tricked and held a blade in sadness also tried to do good. Writing words and cradling a babe.

The cycle continued. People came, people, I had only known for a few days yet still could remember the tiniest of details about. Then they left. They held me close. Talked to me. Laughed with me. Offered me kindness before it was ripped away. Before it was torn away. I say that like they didn't have a choice but they did. There was always a choice. They all left me with nothing but self-hatred and pain.

My chest ached. I sobbed. The sound echoing in the darkness. I couldn't do it anymore. I was always left with nothing.

No heart.

No emotion.

No care.

Not even love.

Standing, solitary, I remember why.

Regret floods me.

I am longing for things that never were, I realize.

Never.

Always.

Alone.

Always alone.

Alone always.

"Achilles!" An ominous boom startled me out of my abysmal nightmare. My cheeks were wet and my body was bathed in a cold sweat. The sheets were twisted around my limbs, probably because I was thrashing in my sleep. My heart pounded against my chest. I trembled. The room was entirely dark. No light anywhere. The remnants of my nightmare still clung to my mind, haunting me.

Dark eyes met mine and rough hands cupped my cheeks. I jumped violently, stiffening at the touch.

"Hey," A voice said. "Hey, wake up. Where are you?"

The pure shock of him being there seemed to shake me out of it - just not enough to keep me from looking haunted, some ravaged excuse of a terrible thing. Tatters and scraps. Smoke and mirrors. Just a human instead, all blood and hunger and hurting.