{4} Life on the line

UniKitty's POV

Rick kept on talking and talking, not realizing I was already crying. 'I said I was sorry!' But that was no use anymore.. To my surprise, Master Frown didn't complain about his clothes at all. I wonder why.. 'I've had enough of this!' I say, getting out of the water, everyone watching me. I grab my stuff and leave, crying. I ran back inside and went straight to my room. I flop on my bed and cry myself out. 'No one gets it, I was only trying to have the best time I could! But I only ruined the party for everyone else-' I get cut off from my thoughts when I heard a knock on my door. I get up and wipe my tears. I open the door "Who is it?" Then I saw my little bro- Puppycorn. "Hey sis.. sorry we all got angry at you, I guess none of us expected that just then.. Anyways, we've decided we forgive you and you should come back and have fun with all of us!" he says excitedly. "Really?" I ask in disbelief. "Yeah sis!" "Okay then, let's go!" I say happily and we return to the pool. "BBQ's ready!" Hawk announces and everybody hurries to the table. Accidentally, Master Frown and I take seats next to each other. But he doesn't complain and stays there, and so do I.

"Here we go!" Hawk says, sounding kind of exhausted. "Yay, let's dig in!!" lil' bro says with excitement. 'I guess everyone's just gonna pretend like none of that happened. Everybody just minds their own business and eats without a care. That's a relief.' While we were eating we also talked about various things that made us laugh. Master Frown smiled slightly too. But just then I realized how close together we were sitting. I blush and try not to get his attention. "Now that we have finished eating, you can all go back into the pool," Rick said and left to get chores done.
We all hurry to the pool, ready to get in but then I remember something 'Puppycorn was so excited to do that awesome flip into the water but now it seems he's totally forgotten about it..' I thought while not realizing I stepped right onto the edge of the pool. "Hey sis!" Puppycorn says, trying to get my attention. But I was caught off guard and I slipped and lost balance. As I fell I hit my head on the edge too and dropped unconscious into the water.

Master Frown's POV

Everyone was caught off guard, nobody moved an inch as we all stared at UniKitty falling in the water. 'But that's the deep end, she'll drown!' I immediately gain control of my body and jump after her. She was already half way down. I quickly swam toward her and grabbed her hand. I then pulled her back to the surface while struggling to swim up. I put her body over the edge and I drag myself over it too while coughing. When I could breathe normally again, I looked at her. She wasn't breathing at all. Everyone else managed to get closer to us while I was 'examining' her. I checked if her heart was still beating. It wasn't. Well it did but in big pauses in between. Nobody else was doing anything else about it so I gave her CPR. It still wasn't any better. As a last resort I decided to give her mouth to mouth. It was ridiculous but I had to, I can't let her die. Fortunately, she coughed water back in my mouth and started choking along with me. 'Thank fucking God.'