Chapter 5

Chapter 5

.

.

Louis' POV

.

.

"I," I managed to get out.

"Never mind. It's no problem boo, so how have you been?" Eleanor smiled, shifting her weight onto the opposite foot. Her eyes dug into mine, waiting for my response.

"Fine, but why are you..." I trailed off. I had no idea what to say, or do. I was frozen. She just showed up out of nowhere.

"I'm here for my friend, she had her baby two days ago. She is being discharged right now," She explained, but I stared blankly at her. Eleanor gave me a curious look and then grabbed my hand, sending shock waves through my body. I couldn't help but flinch; I didn't want to be touched right now.

Eleanor lowered her eyebrows and frowned at me.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Har-"

"Sir," The lady behind me pried, cutting my short once more, and I turned back around. She looked even more annoyed than before, as I was taking a while and a line was forming behind El.

"Are you two done going to continue your chat, or do you want me to find this Harry lad?"

I forced away my snappy remark, and then placed my hand on the top of her desk. The proper words seemed to leave me, and a lump rose in my throat. But the silence didn't last for long.

"What happened to Harry?!" Eleanor gasped from behind me, her voice loud and breathy. I ignored it.

"It's Styles. Harry.. Edward, Styles." I strained and the lady nodded once more, turning back to her computer and typing what I had said in.

"Room 518, right down this hallway. The nurse will help you."

But before I could even meet this nurse, my feet pushed forward and I was jogging towards the directed hall. As I ran, I heard my name called out, but I could barely hear it; I was reciting the room numbers so I wouldn't miss it.

It was only when I had made it halfway down the long hall that Eleanor caught up with me, her feet clinking loudly on the time behind me. But, as my eyes finally glanced over the desired room number, I stopped abruptly, and her tall frame came crashing into mine.

She roughly knocked me down, banging my head on the hard floor. I let out a sharp groan and then locked eyes with her; who was lying on top of me. Her frown concerned expression had turned into a little smile as she giggled.

"Are you okay?"

I sat up, and she was lightly pushed off of me.

"What the hell was that for.." I mumbled, and she slapped my arm playfully.

"It was your fault!" She countered as she got up to her feet and offered me her hand. I ignored the offer and stood up by myself. This made her visibly more agitated, and I shuddered a bit.

"What's wrong with you?" Her tone had darkened somewhat.

"I'm just worried okay!" I shouted back as a nurse passed us by. My voice had maybe raised a bit too much, and I was already on the verge of crying again, but I shoved it off and continued to act bothered - when really, I have no idea what is going on.

"But you won't tell me why!"

Just as I opened my mouth to completely freak out, Liam came running down the hallway, his arms waving at me to get my attention.

"Lou!" He excliamed as his hand locked on my shoulder, his breaths laboured, and I winced in pain.

"Have you seen Harry yet?"

I stayed silent, simply studying the crease of his eyebrows and the clenching of his jaw. When I didn't respond, Liam's eyes detached themselves from me and locked on Eleanor. His eyes visibly squinted; clearly he didn't understand how she had gotten here either.

"Hey Li," Eleanor smiled, and Liam's eyes flicked back and forth between El and I.

"Why are you at the hospital so late, El?" Liam inquired, his breathing finally beginning to slow.

"My friend was just discharged."

"Ah,"

We all stood there awkwardly until Liam spoke up once more.

"But yeah, sorry Lou. I had to call Zayn and ask him to pick up Niall. It took a while for Zayn to show," He explained and I nodded in acknowledgement, it didn't really bother me.

All of a sudden, a mixture of ringing and buzzing erupted from Liam's pocket, and his lips tightened into a line. I watched him pull out his phone, even catching a small glimpse of the caller ID myself, but I only caught the first letter. Z.

"I, uh, gotta take this. Probably Niall doing something shouldn't," Liam groaned, as he began to walk back down the hall.

"Just call me if you need me Louis! I'm serious!" I nodded bluntly back at him, watching him disappear around the corner. I shifted my wight onto my other foot and stared at the floor. Now, there was no one to deter Eleanor from speaking directly to me.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, trying really hard not to make eye contact with her. Eleanor continued to stare at me; looking as if she wanted more.

"And Harry uh, I found him unconscious in our downstairs bathroom," I breathed, but Eleanor grabbed my hand before I could ramble on any further.

"Let's go see Harry." She nodded, opening the door beside me with one hand.

I carefully walked into the tiny rectangular room filled with childish murals, spotting a large grey box hanging from the wall. Inside was a clipboard, which had Harry's name on it. My fingers traced over the letters, only emphasizing the intense beating of my heart. I slowly turned my head to look at Harry. He had many IVs in his hands and wrists. He looked just as bad as I felt.

I walked closer to the neat hospital bed and put my hand on his cold cheek. I could feel how much life this has taken out of him. A small sigh of relief washed over me as I saw his chest moving up and down to the steady beat of his heart monitor. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps behind me filled the silence, and I looked up to see a tall man standing in the doorway.

"You're a brother?" He asked slowly, as he clicked his pen and put it back into the pocket of his white coat. I studied him, and then sighed when I figured out who he was. He was Harry's doctor.

"Yea- ah, no. I'm the one who found him. Is he... going to be alright?" I whispered, trying to sound proper and not utterly broken.

"I'm Dr. Adams, his doctor," He started, and Eleanor grabbed my shaking hand reassuringly. I gulped, remembering the mother that was told some kind of horrible news earlier. That broken-hearted look and all those tears. I wasn't prepared for the long list of damage that I was about to hear. Dr.Adams cleared his throat and continued, taking a quick look at Harry.

"We have pumped Mr. Styles' stomach to halt the overdose,"

I tried to hold back my tears, but I failed miserably. I squeezed Eleanor's hand to the point of bruising, but she didn't say a thing.

"And he is in a coma. We don't know when he's going to wake up." The doctor finished.

My head fell onto the bed instantly, my tears soaking the crisp white sheets. I heard Dr.Adams leave the room, but I never looked up. My grip on Eleanor's hand remained firm as she sat down behind me, placing her hand on my back. But all I could do was cry.

.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading :)

ash

xx