♡ Chapter 24 ♡

Start from the beginning

"Hey." He smiled back.

"Let's walk around or something." I suggested.

"What about them?" He asked, pointing at Avery and Connor.

"I'm trying to set them up, so I think they should talk alone."

He only laughed as he took my hand. We walked for twenty minutes because I wanted to make sure they had enough time to talk by themselves. When I decided that they were probably wondering where we were, I suggested we go back to them.

"Sorry, guys." I said when we walked up to them.

"It's all good." Connor replied.

"So, I say we go back to my house. It's hot out here." I suggested.

Everyone agreed so we all walked back to my house. Connor and Austin went to the living room, but I stopped Avery in the entryway.

"How'd it go?"

"Good." She blushed. "He's actually really cool."

"Aw." I gushed.

"I got his number too." She smiled.

"What!" I yelled excitedly.

"Sh." She slapped her hand over my mouth.

"Avery, this is so cute."

"I'm leaving now." She blushed as she walked to the living room.

I followed her in there and sat beside Austin.

Just then, Erica came down the stairs.

"Hey, everyone." She smiled.

"Hi." We replied.

"What's got you so happy?" I asked.

"More like who's got me happy." She blushed.

"Let me guess, Zach finally asked you out?" Austin asked.

She nodded her head in response and accompanied it with a big smile.

"Really?" I gasped. "Finally."

"I know." She gushed.

They started talking about what happened and how he asked her out, but for some reason, my mind wandered to my dad.

I started thinking of all the good memories I remember having with him, and, unfortunately, all the bad. I miss him so much and I wish we could've made things better, but it's too late. I waited too long, and now it doesn't matter.

I felt a tear run down my cheek, and I wiped it away quickly before anyone could notice. A few seconds later, more fell and I realised I wouldn't be able to just brush them off.

Without saying a word, I stood up and went to my room. I closed the door and walked over to my nightstand. I picked up the picture of me, my mom, my dad, and Erica and stared at it as I cried. I set it back down on the nightstand, and just stood there. I heard my door being opened, so I wiped all the tears away so they couldn't see.

"Are you okay?" Austin asked.

"Yeah," I said, pushing a smile, "i'm fine."

He walked closer to me and wiped away the remaining tears with his thumbs.

"No you're not. I saw you crying downstairs, so tell me what's wrong." He said softly.

"It's my dad. I was thinking about him." I cried.

He pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around my torso. "Its okay. Just let it out."

I sobbed silently into his shirt as I thought about how much I missed my dad, and how much I wished he could still be here.