"Rude," I hummed. "You would know all about that, right?"

He gave me a challenging look and I met his, before he put his hands up in mock surrender.

"Well, you got me there," he conceded.

I wanted to laugh at how easy he gave up our fight.

A week ago, Harry would have never caved in so quickly and I placed a finger on my chin as I tried to analyze what changed.

"You're staring again," he sighed, turning away from me. "Stop. it makes me feel like you can tell me what I'm thinking."

I shrugged. "Even if I could, would that be so bad?"

"Yes," he said way too quickly. "I literally have no good thoughts about anything nor anyone."

The bell went off signifying lunch was over, and I pulled at my sleeve as I tried to remember what class I had.

I opened my mouth to tell him I was leaving but he raised a single finger before saying, "I know. Get to class."

I looked at him strangely. "Do you ever have class?"

"I do go to class."

"Do you?"

"I realize your unhealthy addiction with things that literally don't impact your life in any way."

I raised my hand in mock surrender. "Well, you got me there."

"You're going to be late Violet," he simply said.

I said nothing else as I shook my head in disbelief.

"Good bye Harry," I said as I brushed past him.

I felt him watching me until I turned a corner and I heard him lightly reply, "Later, Violet."

_____________

"Hey Vi, how was school?" My dad greeted me as I stepped inside.

I ran through the day's events, my mind going back to Harry's fight, our little conversation and the talk I had with my two best friends.

I settled with "productive," as I crashed on the couch beside him.

He grabbed the bowl of food before I landed on the furniture, his eyes glued to "The Lion and the Rose."

"Haven't you seen this like a million times?" I exaggerated with a groan.

"Gayatri!" Dad yelled. "Tell your daughter to let me enjoy things!"

"Violet let your dad enjoy things," she rattled off from the bedroom.

"Who's side are you on Mom?" I yelled back.

We both know she hated dad watching Game of Thrones as much as I did. The lack of reply told me I was definitely stuck watching this so I made myself comfortable.

"Dinner's in the kitchen," he smiled, putting a can of coke up to his lips in mock victory.

I playfully rolled my eyes before standing up, and walking into the kitchen. The scent of mushroom biryani filled the air and I smiled in satisfaction when I saw that mom was the one who made dinner. Whenever it was my dads turn, all we ate was take out, and admittedly I preferred my mom's food choices over dad's. Fast food made me sick.

I gripped the dish heading to the dinner table.

I could think of worse endings to a day like this one.

_________

Surprise.
The mc is a little brown girl 0.0

You're welcome.

New an.
For anyone wondering no I'm not Indian, I'm West Indian. I'm a black girl besties.

Thanks for the reads/votes/comments. I appreciate every single one.

All the love :)))

- M x