Chapter Four ~Training

Start from the beginning

He takes a slow deliberate step forward and reaches his hand out to move mine. He runs a cool finder across my throat and I suddenly realise he's looking at one of my many bruises. "I'm really sorry that you had to go through all that pain!" he says softly "I should've been more alert"

I swallow before answering and taking a step back. "I've been through it before and it really isn't your fault"

He nods once and quickly strides out of the room. Curious now I quickly change into running shorts and a half tank top from Australia that only really covered up my b**bs. It showed off my flat tanned stomach. I skip downstairs and into the kitchen where Logan is practically shoving his face with anything edible. "Sup sexy" he says around a mouthful of food while trying to grin. "How you holding up?" her asks after swallowing loudly

"I'm good" I reply. "Have you got any idea as to why Nora wants to see me" I ask changing the question.

"Oh no if I ruin the surprise I'm pretty sure Hera would kill me while I sleep" he says gravely

"Pussy" I say pouting

"C'mon" he says smiling and slinging an arm around my shoulders "If you're patient you'll find out in a second" he says tapping my bottom lip. I sigh and let him lead me into a room that stank like stale air. It was big and had gym equipment lining the walls. In the middle was thick training mats and one wall was covered in mirrors.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to be an exclusive agent?" Nora asks in a rush. "It'd mean you get to choose you're missions and when you want to complete them but you still get all the privileges and protection of a real agent"

I was still taking in the first bit. I didn't know if I really wanted this life. The room started to spin and I was pretty sure I was hyperventilating. "You would also prove that you're more than just the boss' daughter" Nora says quietly. Whoa low blow, why was she goading me into this. It was working too dammit! I felt my features harden as I replied "fine" I forced out through gritted teeth

"That's great. You'll be taught how to defend, walk quietly, kill and seduce along with other essentials" she said while walking out of the gym "I'll get back to you with who you're partner is" and with that my auntie dearest had disappeared.

I turned in time to see Hera, determined, aim a straight punch to my nose. I easily stepped to the side and watched as her fist slid past my face. What the hell? Hera stumbled and as she regained her balance I glanced over to Logan and Julian for an explanation. Both had detached expressions. Was this part of my training, they wanted Hera to pound me for a while before they start teaching me how to defend?

This only fuelled my anger. I didn't like to boast but I could probably beat all of them with one hand behind my back. Hera now faced me and I kept my easy posture even though I was calculating every movement she made. Hera was smaller than me this would make it easy to push her weight around. With a grunt she leapt into the air and her foot swung towards my head. I easily ducked and came up with a quick jab to her thigh hitting a nerve. She landed and hissed because of the pain.  

Shaking it off she came towards me and desperately tried to land a punch. Her movements became sloppy and as I dodged again I showed Logan and Julian I wasn't just able to defend. She did a punch-kick combo and I dodged the punch then grabbed her foot as it came towards my stomach. I gave a sharp twist and Hera was launched into the air. When she was coming down I grabbed her shirt and pulled so she slammed into the ground.

I took a step back and waited for Hera to get up. When she did she was smiling. "Good job Ren" I was shocked.

"You're not angry?"

"No you looked like you needed to vent you're anger and I was trying to hit you first" she said taking a sip from a water bottle. "You just reacted"

"Ok that's enough for today. Tomorrow you can fight me or we can teach you how to seduce...not that you really need to learn" Logan said wagging his eyebrows. I just laughed and sat down. We heard cheering from outside the window and Logan went to look

"Turns out they were betting on you and Hera" he says smirking and pointing to a camera in the corner of the room. I was really exhausted now and I slowly stood up and swayed out into the kitchen.

"That was one hell of a fight Nemo" a voice said behind me. I turned around to find Carter lounging in one of the kitchen chairs.

"Nemo?" I asked confused

"Yeah you know that little Australian fish in that movie" he said taking a bite from an apple

"Oh yeah" I said smiling "Thanks...but you know I learnt from the best" I said walking off

"Wait Siren" he called after me "I was wondering if you wanted to go out on a date sometime this week?" he asked nervously

"I'd love to Carter" I said slowly "But you do know I'm only seventeen right?" I asked waiting for his rejection. He was frowning with concentration.

"Yeah I know and usually that would freak me out but...I don't know, I really like you Ren" he said quietly

I took a deep breath. "Then yeah I'd love to go out with you Carter if it doesn't bother you" his face split into a smile

"I'll call you tomorrow" he said and he quickly kissed me on the cheek before disappearing. I smiled after him and turned to find Hera watching. Her arms were folded and she had a serious expression plastered onto her face.

"So a date with the hottie Carter" she said smiling. "I'll help you get ready if you want?"

"Thanks Hera I'd love that. But first let's find out who my partner is"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

i'm so cool i make ice cubes jealous 

lol 

VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN VOTE COMMENT AND FAN