giggle at a funeral

It had been a couple of hours since Number Five had rejoined his family after spending fourty-five years in the future

It had been a couple of hours since Number Five had rejoined his family after spending fourty-five years in the future. The Hargreeves siblings had been trying to kill time, waiting for the inevitable funeral that would take place when the sun started to lower itself from the sky.

Allison and Luther took this time to catch up with one another. Diego went to his room for a nap, he had been up late the previous night after all. Vanya sat in front of the fireplace in the living room, reading a random book she had picked up, she wasn't really interested in the words but she had to occupy her mind somehow. Klaus had gone upstairs to the attic, raiding the room of any valuables he might be able to pawn off. Five had sat in his room, he needed time to reflect. Sophie had found him laid face down on his bed, muttering to himself and decided she would spend her time catching up with her brother, providing him with an outlet.

Five hadn't opened up to anyone other than Dolores in forty-five years, it felt good to talk to someone who could actually talk back to him. He hadn't told his sister about the end of the world, he wasn't quite sure whether he should tell anyone yet. He had been used to working on his own for so long and that habit was going to be hard for him to break.

Sophie was explaining to Five what being vegan meant when their conversation was interrupted by a heavy knock on Five's bedroom door.

"Guys, it's time". Luther walked away the minute the siblings acknowledged home and made his way to Allison's room, he presumed Sophie would be the best person to wake Diego up from his nap.

Sophie shuffled off the bed, lifting Five's legs off her in the process.

"Guess I'll go wake up Sleeping Beauty," she muttered to Five.

"Rather you than me," Five followed his sister's lead and made his way to the stairs whilst Sophie continued to Diego's room.

Upon entering the room, Sophie couldn't help but smile to herself. Diego was sleeping on his side, dangerously close to the edge of his bed. His feet were dangling off the edge of the mattress whilst rested his head on his arm. He almost looked cute.

She pushed him onto his back so that he wouldn't fall off the bed when she woke him up. Grabbing a drumstick that was on the floor by the foot of the bed, she held it up to his metal bed post swung her arm.

The loud ringing noise startled Diego from his nap and he bounded out of bed and held himself in a fighting stance before Sophie even had time to withdraw the drumstick from the bed.

"It's funeral time."

-

The siblings had gathered in the courtyard and were joined in the rain by their mom and Pogo. Sophie stood in-between Five and Allison with her own large, black umbrella. The steady rhythm of the rain drumming on her umbrella calmed her and she patiently waited for the ceremony to begin.