Thumper The Rabbit

"We need to talk. Now."

"Now?"

"Now."

"I don't think so."

Harry and Isaac both turned to Thea, who had both hands on her hips and an eyebrow raised at the two of them. She had no idea what was going on, but she refused to be excluded from whatever those men had going on between them. Without a second look at her date, she took Harry's wrist, and it was the first time in six years Harry had seen her fuming with rage.

"We need to talk," she told him. "Excuse us, Isaac."

"I'm gonna go...wait by the car," said the blond as he exchanged cautious looks with Harry and walked away to give the other two some privacy. Once Thea was sure Isaac had walked far enough and couldn't hear them anymore, she turned back to the other guy. Harry wanted to comment something about her looking the same as the grumpy 9-year-old he used to know, but he thought that would only drive her angrier.

"What the fuck?" She scoffed, widening her eyes at him.

"Language, young lady."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Well, never mind then, Harry thought as he swallowed hard. "Why were you so rude to my date?"

"Because he's not just your date. He's my best friend." The man furrowed his eyebrows, pointing to Isaac, who was texting on his phone and wasn't paying attention to them.

"How the fuck could I know which one was your friend to stay away?!" The younger girl swung her arms in the air, and Harry knew she would only use that much body language when she was seriously pissed off. He then realized, though it was too late, that he should better shut up and just listen.

"I don't understand you, Harry..." Thea stomped her feet, arms crossed just like her 9-year-old self would. Harry didn't know why he suddenly thought of that while she was scolding him now. "You should be happy for me because that's your best friend! At least now we both know my date is a nice person!"

Now that she'd pointed it out, Harry didn't understand himself either. Isaac was a nice guy, otherwise, they wouldn't have been friends, no, best friends, since their first year in university. He should be happy for Thea, and Isaac too. Why was he mad? He had no reason to be mad, yet he couldn't help but feel that way, and no excuses his brain had made up could justify for all those emotions inside of him at this point.

"He's older than you," he blurted without thinking twice. As soon as he'd let out those few words, he could guess her reaction immediately. Her eyes could pop out of their sockets if she continued to stare at him like that.

"So? I've fucked men older than you and Isaac."

Harry dropped his jaw, but no sound escaped. He watched her catching her breath, and this time he had to think twice before he dared to ask, "have you slept with him?"

She took a short pause which only lasted for two seconds, but those were the worst two seconds Harry had ever experienced.

"No," she said at last. Her voice was lower now. "But even if I had, you would still have no right to say anything about my decision. I'm not a kid anymore, H. Maybe in your eyes I will always be a kid, but to the others, to him, I'm a grown woman who makes her own choices and mistakes." She looked at him in the eyes and took a deep breath. "And I will be with whoever I want as long as that person makes me happy. If you care about me, you should respect that."

Once she'd finished, another paused soon followed. She was looking at him, and he was staring at his feet. Harry knew she was right, yet the uneasy feeling in his chest was still there and he couldn't get it to go away, just like he couldn't convince her to cancel her date with the man who made her happy.