a month passed. spooky's prediction was right. maria was now running the vatos and it was driving him crazy. she was going to get him killed, all of them killed. she was off her meds, and confessed to spooky after her second week of being off. she cried in his arms the most, because he understood why she was sad. a month passed and marcus and maria became a thing. spooky's anger issues became more of an issue, he didn't want to admit the cause was marcus and maria being together. but oh boy how much he hated them together.

everytime maria mentioned marcus to him, he would go training with his sister. a month passed and reyna was stronger from the amount of training spooky needed. it's been a month since chico's dad put maria and spooky in charge of finding out what happened to his son. it's been a month of excuses.

a month passed. and everything changed.

reyna laid down on the lockeroom benches, not wanting the steam to frizz her hair up. she looked up to the ceiling, blowing smoke out of her nose. "bullshit the best marvel duo is spiderman and iron man." reyna was fighting with marcus about who was the best dynamic duo of marvel. "outside of the avengers, quill and gamora are best duo. you can't change my mind reyna." marcus shouted from the shower, stopping the water to stand there and dry himself for a second.

"that is complete bullshit! they were just in love. that's all they had to offer." reyna sat up from the bench, she walked over to marcus, not caring he was naked, her eyes didn't leave his. they looked to each other for a moment just smiling at each other. she offered him her weed. he happily took puffs of it. blowing out the smoke marcus laughed at her excuse. "you're so fucking corny." reyna declared. love? was that the best he had. peter parker and tony stark did not deserve this slander. marcus closed the gap between them, getting close to reyna's face.

"you have to think deeper than that." he whispered, daring her with a grin on his face. reyna went to say something but the door was being opened. reyna took the weed between his lips, before running behind the other side of the locker room to hide. making sure to give marcus' bare ass a slap. marcus yelped as he watched reyna run, marcus turned to maria trying to play normal. "hola, guapo." reyna's eyes widen when she heard maria's voice.

there was tension between maria and saya because of marcus. and reyna called them out for it many times, but she couldn't be seen as a hypocrite, even though marcus and reyna didn't do anything together romantically there was tension between reyna and marcus. and it could be sensed by anyone. and reyna was the reason why her best friend trio was barley hanging.

"ah, you shouldn't be here." marcus was also guilty of being shocked by his somewhat girlfriend.

he knew maria wouldn't be happy if she saw reyna was in here with him, while he was naked. reyna looked around the locker room for an excuse she smiled once she came across spooky's locker. she opened it, looking for something to grab. she got her walkman spooky had borrowed from her.

she quickly put on the headphones turning on the music, cringing at her brother's choice of music she put the headphones on.

she walked out into the open, the put out weed in her pocket. seeing maria and marcus looking at her. reyna acted shocked when she saw marcus naked. "you know this is a shitty way to keep a secret, right?" reyna looked to maria who just smiled, with marcus' towel "what are you doing in here, reyna?" maria questioned looking to her best friend walking over to her.