23• Sweet moments

Later that evening,

I looked at myself in the mirror as I touched my lips gently. I can't believe we kissed. My cheeks already heated up. His lips felt so soft against mine and he tasted so amazing. I love the taste of his lips more than my chocolate chocochip ice cream.

Right then I heard the washroom door click and he came out all ready in shirt and jeans. With the upper two bottom open he looked kind of sexy and for a moment it made me think how would his bare chest look.

I shook my head slightly. Nandini get a grip on yourself.

I was so lost in myself that I didn't even realize when he had reached me. His hands gently held my bare waist, erupting thousand of sparks within me. His hot breath fanning against my bare shoulder wasn't helping either.

I leaned more into his touch and I could feel my heart beat increasing. He looked at me and a small playful smile appeared on his lips.

"Shall I help you wear the saree?" He whispered softly in my ears, making my heart shiver. And that was when I realized my undone pleats.

I nodded my head in yes and his smile grew wider. He pressed his body more into me as he reached for the extra fabric of the saree and slowly he started making folds, one at a time, using his thumb and forefinger. Whenever his fingers brushed my waist, it made me shiver. My breath got heavier with the proximity and his ticklish breath on my shoulder made it even more harder.

"Hold this." He said in a low tone, handing me the pleats. He then pulled away from me and I heaved a heavy breath. Then he came in front of me. Coming on his knees and he pinned the pleats up after making sure they were straight and even.

He then slowly tucked the pleats onto my underskirt, his fingers brushing my waist. Gosh my heart. I could feel this tingling sensation.

He took a step forward towards me and my breath hitched on throat. For a second our eyes did lock but he broke it.

He then took a safety pin and slowly pinned my pallu onto my shoulder. While his eyes had been fixed on my shoulders, my eyes were fixed on him and he was very close to me. My heart thumped against my chest.

My eyes landed on his lips and I wanted to taste it yet again.

He neared his face towards my ear and I could feel his breath fanning against my ear. "Why red and not black?" He whispered in my ears and I blushed harder.

He noticed it. Unlike the other times today I chose to wear red saree and not black. "Because you like red." I said, looking down and I knew my face was all red.

He gently lifted my chin with his forefinger and pressed his lips against mine.

Our lips met for only a second but that moment felt like forever. My heart beat just wasn't mine at that point of moment.

"Beautiful." He said, grinning widely.

"I know I am beautiful." I self praised. Side effects of living with Manik Malhotra.

"Not you. I was talking about the saree." He said, smilingly. I couldn't help but giggle. "Monster." I hit him lightly on his chest.

"You look beautiful." He finally said, holding me by my shoulder and my smile grew wider.

"So shall we go?" He said forwarding his hand towards me.

I happily placed my hand on his.

Every time when he complimented me, it made my heart warm up just like today. Only looking at him made me feel breathless. His smile made my heart skip and his embrace made me forget all my worries.

I can't believe it all had started with a deal.

"Where are you lost?" Manik shook me gently and I nodded my head in nothing. I looked at him and pulling him down by his collar I pecked his lips.

When I pulled away, I knew I had been blushing. "What was that for?"

"Umm just." I said, slipping my hand onto his and intertwining our fingers. He smiled.

We entered the party venue. It was Manik's friends wedding party and trust me wedding parties are the most boring parties in the world, at least that's what I feel. And I bet today as well it would be boring and most probably I will be an outcast. Sigh!

"Hey Nandini. Over here." I heard Navya's voice. What's she doing in here?

I looked over to the voice source and I saw the whole gang seated in a round table. "Woahh the whole gang is here."

"Practically the groom is my friend and they are my friends too and we went to the same university. So it's obvious for all of us to be friends." Manik explained as we walked towards the table.

"But Navya-"

"Cabir must have forced her to come. No one comes to wedding parties alone. You see even Mukti bought her boyfriend, Abhimanyu."

Woahh Mukti has a boyfriend. I looked over to the guy sitting beside Mukti and he was quite handsome.

"Woahh Nandini you are looking gorgeous today. Manik must have been having a hard time keeping his hormones in check." The devil, Cabir spat his mouth and it only made my cheeks heat up.

"But it might be the other way around too." Navya added with a smirk. Huff is she even my best friend?

"You guys are such a pain in the ass." Manik said as he sat in one of the empty seat. I looked around for a seat but there was no empty seat.

"Nandini I will bring you a seat until then-" Navya smirked and she pushed me down. I landed right on Manik's lap and Manik wrapped his arms around my bare waist to stabilize me. "You can sit in his lap."

"You guys really look cute together." Alya said and I abruptly got up from his lap, totally flustered.

I looked at him and he too seemed flustered.

That moment was precious too.