1. The Villainess is Muddled

Start from the beginning

This woke Yin Hua Lei from her trance. From the unfinished painting under her hands, she raised her eyes to the young miss in front of her.

In her deep concentration, she almost forgot that she was in the Ancient Willow restaurant.

It was as if the storm never happened last night. People were up and about on the streets of the imperial city again.

Bai Chan Yi was annoyed that the imperial daughter's thought was scattered. But she understood that the royal decree must have shocked her to this degree.

"What are your plans then, Lei jiejie[6]?" Bai Chan Yi kindly prompted and there was an evil glint in her eyes.

Normally, Yin Hua Lei would be incited by this. Bai Chan Yi would remind her of her enmity with Bai Chen Rong and she would be the knife that acted against the latter.

Yin Hua Lei's heart jolted as she realized that Bai Chan Yi always egged her to hurt the latter's own sister.

Something that she should have realized sooner.

"Bai meimei, what do you mean by plans?" Yin Hua Lei feigned ignorance and continued painting.

Under the sunlight coming from the windows, she looked like a fairy.

Chan Yi gritted her teeth. There was something fishy with the imperial daughter this morning. But she needed to keep on currying her favor. Only then could she deal with that slut, Chen Rong while also earning connections for her father at the same time.

She moved closer to Yin Hua Lei and nudged her as if they were sisters.

"Jiejie, since when did you become distant with Chan Yi? Chan Yi knows your pain and completely supports elder sister. Just say it and Chan Yi will surely do it!"

Yin Hua Lei's brush stilled. Her painting had been ruined because of Chan Yi's incessant nudging but the girl remained insensitive to her rising temper.

She flicked her sleeves and looked gentle in her actions but Chan Yi actually flew across the room and was only caught by Xin Tao who impolitely threw her to her own maid.

"E-elder sister Lei..." Chan Yi was confused how she managed to anger the imperial daughter.

Yin Hua Lei stood up, every movement was elegant. Putting on her gloves, she walked towards the stunned girl.

"Third miss Bai has long been addled. As far as this imperial daughter remembered, my mother was never pregnant after me."

Chan Yi looked like she was struck by lightning.

Yin Hua Lei's long lashes were lowered and there was a faint smile on her thin lips but Chan Yi had been with her for a long time. She could tell the murderous trace on that smile.

In front of other people, this imperial daughter was the most honorable, uncorrupted and sophisticated. Being her lackey, Chan Yi knew the horrendous things Yin Hua Lei could do.

"Cha-Chan Yi was only mistaken! Chan Yi must be punished, please forgive me!"

Bai Chan Yi who was supported by her maid immediately dropped to her knees and kowtowed.

No matter what, she was the daughter of a standard third rank official. In normal situations, she would still have difficulties getting close to an imperial daughter, much less a favored one at that.

The only reason she easily befriended Yin Hua Lei was their mutual hatred of Bai Chen Rong.

Yin Hua Lei chose to ignore her.

"It's good that third miss Bai is aware." Xin Ling said and followed her mistress out.

Xin Tao settled the bill and the manager still had to pay respects before Yin Hua Lei went off.

They didn't see how Chan Yi's face nearly exploded with anger. She stared poisonously at Yin Hua Lei's back.

This stupid imperial daughter relied on her ideas to remove Chen Rong out of her way. Now that the Emperor conferred marriage, Chan Yi was of no use so she would probably be tossed aside.

If that's the case, then don't blame this girl for being impolite!

Yin Hua Lei was in the third floor of the Ancient Willow restaurant where the private rooms were. This restaurant was the best in the capital and it was normal to see noble personages here.

As she was walking down the hall, the waiters who went back and forth also bowed before her. Who knew that the pair that she currently least liked to run into was on the other end of the hall.

Yin Hua Lei had the urge to kill someone when she saw Xia Yu Heng and Bai Chen Rong down the corridor.

---

[1]丫頭 - yā tóu - servant girl, maid
[2]熾熱的雨庭院 - Chìrè de yǔ tíngyuàn - Blazing Rain courtyard
[3]師傅 - shī fu - master
[4]王妃 - wáng fēi - princess
[5] - wáng - lit. king but in context means prince
[6]姐姐 - Jiějiě - older sister
[7]妹妹 - Mèimei - younger sister

YHL's title Imperial Daughter is the equivalent of a junzhu which means a daughter of a prince or a princess. But the Emperor conferred this to her as sign of acknowledgment of his sworn brother's daughter, making her a member of the royal family in name.

media source: https://pin.it/wvu4xko74cdw45

Check out my other completed novel you guys!!!! Transmigrated Author is now Complete! Follow me for updates on the ongoing ones too~