1. The Villainess is Muddled

Start from the beginning

"Mistress, where are you going? It's still raining!" Xin Ling, the first ranked maid nearly shouted while following.

Her older sister, Xin Tao, also followed along but she saw the look in her mistress' eyes earlier and knew that Yin Hua Lei was still sane and would not do something outrageous.

Yin Hua Lei stood under the heavy rain and the dark sky. Instantly, her nightdress was wet and clung to her.

Xin Tao thought of this and immediately draped a dark cloak on her miss. Both master and servants in the courtyard didn't mind the downpour.

There was almost no visibility within five steps in front but Yin Hua Lei knew that those who needed to hear would hear her.

"Listen!" She started in a not so loud tone. A sheltered young miss' voice should easily be swallowed by this rainstorm. Surprisingly, hers did not.

The people who heard her were all hidden in the shadows. Since their imperial daughter fainted this morning, they had been on edge. They knew that this imperial daughter Gao Le would need to vent her anger once she woke up. As her hidden guards, they were willing to avenge her at the cost of their lives.

Tonight, their imperial daughter's rival in love must die!

Who knew that Yin Hua Lei would say the strangest words?

"From now on, none of you will touch Bai family's fifth young miss, Bai Chen Rong!"

Xin Ling's knees trembled and looked at Yin Hua Lei in incredulity. She could not believe that her mistress would ever give up on his Highness the ninth prince.

She even recalled Yin Hua Lei saying, 'Even if that temptress is carried inside the Chang wangfu, this imperial daughter would flay her alive!'

Those words were said in private but Xin Ling would never forget the ferocious look in her mistress' eyes. The mistress must be muddled after fainting!

After saying what she wanted to say. Yin Hua Lei naturally needn't explain anything. She turned around and closed her Blazing Rain pavilion[2].

Yin Hua Lei was the daughter of the Yin clan, a martial arts family who was also the most prominent aristocrats in all of Da Xia. The princes all received tutelage from her grandfather one way or another as Duke Yin was the shifu[3] of the current Emperor on martial arts.

The ruler was very close to both her grandfather and father.

This earned her the grace of receiving the title Imperial Daughter Gao Le since birth and had always been calling Da Xia's ruler Uncle Emperor.

She was brimming with royal favor. Needless to say, she didn't lack nor she want anything.

Her only desire in life was to be Chang wangfei[4].

Having a first-class background, it was only right for her to marry a royal prince. In fact, everyone expected to see the capital's most honorable and graceful Imperial Daughter Gao Le be married to the deity Chang wang[5].

His Highness, the ninth prince Xia Yu Heng was undeniably the most gentlemanly of all the Emperor's sons. He had a kind smile, genteel features, and had a humility, unlike any prince.

His kindness to the common people was well known and was even nicknamed the Gentle Prince.

This royal prince naturally deserved a lady of the highest standing.

***

"Imperial daughter Gao Le has suffered." A sympathetic voice sounded like flowing dew on lotus petals.