Late

*Emma's POV*

I brushed my hair and as usual it's sticking up, what do I do with this hair? I tried all I can but nothing works, I gave up and looked at the clock..

DAMN I'M LATE!

I rushed to get my manuscript and didn't even bother to eat breakfast. My editor will kill me!

"I'm here!" I said practically screaming while the whole cafe can hear me, I saw my editor facepalmed himself, I rubbed the back of my head realizing what I just did.

"You brat, you're embarrassing as ever." He said gritting his teeth. I just flashed my teeth on him and handed him my manuscript. "Emma, you know you've been a little off with your writing this past few months." I managed to keep my smile on the touchy subject.

"I'm trying my best mister."

"You'll have to try harder."

I walked home with life out of my body, what mister Yuugo said hit me like a truck. I thought I'm passionate enough.

"Emma?" I saw Norman and what a perfect timing! I ran up to him for a hug, I felt his warmth which what I need right now.

"Your crying again." He's not lying, I cried until my eyes bulge out. "You're such a cry baby."

"You're even teasing me at my situation you dummy!" He left an amusing laugh. "My stories, I feel so pathetic right now."

He held his head for a bit.

"Headaches again?"

He held my cheeks and pinched it, diverting my attention.

"Ow!!"

"Don't worry.." looking at me with such eyes. "even if the whole world would not read a single word of your work." his soft lips touch mine. "I will never get tired even if it's a million words." I felt my temperature rising up and hugged him tightly.

"You idiot! Saying that and making my heart pound!" He chuckled.

Maybe I'll try and do my best for him.

•••••

I put my hand on my temples calming myself down, I didn't get to write a single word, I threw my head back in frustration.

My phone rang and I answered it quite lazily.

"Hello?"

"Hi Emma, how're you doing? I was thinking of taking you out on dinner."

"I'm sorry Norman I'm quite busy." I said to him. "Maybe I'll be a bit late but I'll come!!"

"Oh okay, then take care! If you ever can't come be sure to eat okay?"

I replied a 'hmm'

"I—" I didn't get to hear what he said.
•••

I'm late!! I rushed at the restaurant. "Norman! I'm so sorry!"

He is sitting there and faced me with a smile, my heart melted at the thought that he waited an hour for me. "I'm glad you came." He said.

•••

"Is the once greatest writer of all time going downhill?" I read as I endure the pain in my chest. "The author has been out complete this past few months, the question is.. Is her career as an author ending?" I put the newspaper down and drank another glass. Beer have been helping me out from all the depressing stories written about me not being able to publish a single story. My phone rang again.

It's from Yuugo again, I threw it on the wall and screamed, my life is a mess! I curled into a ball and all I can do is cry. What happened to me? Will my career will just end like this?

"Emma?" The light hit my face, it's Norman.

"Oh hi." He rushed to me as he saw tears.

He placed my head on his shoulders but all I can feel is coldness, no warmth no anything. Seeing him being shackled to a failure like me hurts me. I don't wanna drag him with me.

"Emma it's okay I'm—"

"Let us break up Norman." He froze in his spot.

"What?"

"I wanna break up with you, I'm a failure so please respect my decision."

"But Emma—"

"Please." I pleaded looking him straight into his eyes.

"Okay, just remember I love you." My heart felt torn into pieces, he gave me a light kiss and turned his back on the way to his door.

No.

What have I done?

Maybe I pushed him away in hope for him to come back and to dive this deep sad darkness with me. But I'm wrong, you're an Idiot Emma.

•••

3 years passed

I walk in the night streets of japan while holding a box of chocolate, I'm planning on visiting Norman because it's his birthday so I brought his favourite.

"Hey miss Emma!" A girl came running to me with a wide smile. "It's really you!" She brought out a book from her bag. "I'm a big fan so.." she bowed her head offering the book. "..can you please sign this!"

I smiled at her and accepted the book and signed it, I've publish a book that caught a lot of crowd, I finally did it!

She bowed once more. "Thank you!"

I should tell Norman about this! He'll be happy I'm sure. I looked at my watch, I'm late for his birthday!!

I walked at the sound of my fast steps hitting the ground, silence is what filled the air and I can only hear Norman calling my name.

"Emma!"

I smiled.

"Hey Norman, I brought your favourite chocolate." I brought it out from the plastic and offered it with my arms out. "Oh! A girl came up to me she was very excited that she met me, I couldn't neglect her that's why I'm late!"

I wish he can get it himself though.

I kneeled in front of him with tears non-stop falling from my eyes.

"You're such a cry baby."

I put down the chocolate in front of him, I looked at my watch.

12:05 am

Happy birthday Norman

I'm sorry I'm late again.

Here Lies Norman
2034~2047

A/N

Wew! That's a wrap! I manage to write one today!!

P.s.
I put the date when Norman was supposed to be ship out so okayy.. and also Emma was trying to greet his birthday at exactly 12:00 that's why she said she's late..

I'm really busy and can't really update regularly!!

But hope y'all like this one!!