Broken

This should be it right? Why does it look like it is nowhere to be found?

B06-32, I twist the pen so I can access the data. I opened the booked and searched for the line. It's history.

I waited while gritting my teeth out of nervousness. Please work, please work!

The screen popped up. It worked!!

I jump and did a little victory dance then looked at the screen again. I noticed that it's a map, there's an underground entrance. I looked around, I know it's somewhere here. Then the wind blows and I saw the entrance.

"Lucky me!" I went down and explored, this.. an underground shelter for human beings?

I heard someone in one of the doors and went in quietly. There laid a man with a terrible sleeping manner and loud snores filled the entire room. A human!

I took a closer look at his face. His beard is patchy, hair with white streaks brushed on the side and also a pretty well built body. I looked much closer and his eyes suddenly open.

"Hello." I greeted.

He was sent back on his chair falling on the floor with wide eyes. He picked his gun and pointed at me.

"One step closer and I will blow up your head." He warned. "If you think I'm bluffing then I dare you." He said more calmly now.

I step back a little. But to his surprise I put my head near his gum. "No mister, I dare you." I smirked. "Will you shoot or not?"

"You little—" I caught him off guard, I hit his hand to let go of the gun and let it fall in the ground, I stepped on it while holding his arm on his back. I picked up the gun from my pocket and pointed it in his head this time. "Unlike your gun, this one is loaded." I tightened his arm on his back. "I came in peace."

I decided to give him a little fright. "Just kidding." And I pressed the trigger.

"No!!!!"

I started to laugh at his girly screams. "You're funny mister." I released his arms and faced him. "That was fun, Hi! I'm y/n." I put my hands out for a hand shake but ended up being slap away.

"You piece of sh—" i put a finger at his mouth.

"Uh uh, no cursing." I circled him. "As what Mama said!" I winked at him. "So what's your name.

"What do you want." I picked up some stuff inside the room, this guy is stubborn.

"What I want?" I placed it all back in the right place. "Share this shelter, the food and some company!" I said honestly. "I've been lonely for a few years now mister." I pointed at him. "And I wanna be friends with you!"

"Look hear lady.." He again slap away my arms. "The food and shelter can be shared because the scent of 'danger' is all over you and making you an enemy will kill me." He continued to walk and stop by the door. "But you're a pain in the ass so I'll ask of you to stay away from me."

I pouted when he looked back but he continue to go outside and slam the door.

***

I woke up and last night was weird, for some reason I heard screams. Am I hallucinating again?

I forced myself to stand up, I did gave Mister a hard time yesterday so I'll cook him breakfast.

After I'm done just in time, Mister was just in time and arrived in the kitchen. "What is all of this you bastard chump?" I tilted my head, is he dumb.

"Breakfast!" I cheerfully said, I gave him a little push to the chair.

"I don't want this what if you put poison!?" I stick the fork on the rice and ate it while staring at him intensely.

"Did I die? No, then good eat up." I scooped a bit of rice and put it near his mouth, he seems shocked but took a bite anyways. "I took pride in my skills so you better finish it!" He chew at his food quite angrily while keeping his eyes on me, is it 'I want  to kill you' stare? I find it cute though.

Kind of nice sharing the table, I've been eating alone since I escaped. I just feel happy.

***
I was looking around the shelter and happened to find a room. I took a good look at the room and bit my nails.

W-what is all of this!?

***

Sleeping so soundly I heard screams again, this time I decided to go check it out. I followed the screams and led me back to that room.

"Lucas! Shut up you don't know anything!" He kept screaming other names and talking to them. "They're coming! No! No! Stop!!!" Mister is in such vulnerable state. I walk closer to stop him from scratching himself, but I got picked up by the neck.

"Mis— ter?" I said between breathes.

His eyes soften. "Dina?" He said and put me down, I coughed a couple of times and looked at Mister again, he's on his knees sobbing. "I'm sorry y/n, this is the reason why I don't want you to stay. I've gone crazy!" I approached him slowly and gave him a tight hug. "They're all dead!" I held his face and stared at him deeply, his tears continues to flow.

Poor mister, I planted a small kiss at his forehead and let his head lay in my shoulders. "Yuugo.. I-I'm yuugo."

I smiled and never been this happy before.

"Yuugo.." i stroked his hair softly. "You don't have to worry, I'm here.." I closed my eyes. "I won't leave you." I won't leave him like everyone else.