Discovering Secrets

Zara hated being kept out of the loop

Zara hated being kept out of the loop. The thought made her feel inferior. She had worked her way to the top, to not only piss off her mom, but to be apart of how to keep their people safe. But the more she looked at it, the more she realized how sidelined she was.

The files she had found in her mother's office had not only made her suspect something else was going on, but had raised more questions. What was the Cerberus program and what did it have to do with them? She couldn't sit around and not get answers to her questions.

The way for her to do that was to find out for herself. But of course, a main obstacle was the many cameras around every corner. There were few blindspots in the facility but luckily for Zara, she knew every point.

But this time, she sat in survellience watching each monitor closely. She had to figure out just what exactly this program was and where it seemed to be located at. Only one other person was in survellience with her but they didn't care too much for the task.

It wasn't till she saw movement at one of the intake doors. A group of their own were suiting up to go outside. It wasn't unusual for groups to be going out but what that's not what caught her attention. It was the weapons at their side and the fact that they weren't taking the usual intake door for topside missions.

Making up a quick excuse, she shot up from her chair and scurried out. The other guard brushed it off and returned to the book that he was more invested in. She moved quick with her head down and hid in a blindspots till the intake door light stopped blinking.

She threw on a suit before hurrying after her fellow guards. It wasn't long till she trailed behind them and tried to pick up what they were they were communicating. It wasn't much that was being said but few words caught onto a few words, Clarke and escaped.

When had the blonde leader escaped? Zara knew that she was having doubts and felt uncomfortable around them but she didn't think that she would go as far as running. Now the question was, why were they do invested on looking for her? By the communication they were exchanging, this hasn't been the first time that they had been searching for her.

Before Zara could follow any further, a sound erupted in the tunnel. It sounded like a group of people were coming down the tunnel. Her hand laid on her weapon in case any trouble might come their way. But what surprised her was when one of the guards pulled a device and a eerie tone sounded.

Carefully, she moved forward and peered around a corner. The sight in front of her left her baffled. She, in fact, never had an assignment involving the tunnels. The only information she knew was it was where they accepted the outsiders for treatment. She had no clue about this whole procedure of how the outsiders were taken.

A group of the outsiders were in front of the group of guards. Some crouched on the ground feeling affected by the tone generator. While others were tied up on a pole. But the outsiders seem to look like they were divided among themselves. One looked more crazed and wild than anything Zara had ever seen.

She didn't wait around after that point. Without wasting another second, she turned and hurried back toward the intake door. But the scene she had witnessed would not leave her mind.

After stripping her suit and going back toward survellience, her eyes were focused on each screen. She needed to find out more of what was being kept from her. She couldn't fight this feeling that something would happen soon and it had something to do with those kids.

The group had returned and many of them had gone on without a care of what had happened. Except one. One whom Zara had considered a fellow officer.

Emerson. Why hadn't she figured out before, that the only top officer, other than herself would have more insight than her. She watched his movements carefully. Watched his turns and route he seemed to take. It was like he had taken this route before. It wasn't till he disappeared through a door that again Zara had not taken in her life.

That night she took another double shift and waited for her chance to find a lead. Her co-worker had left for a quick break. Luckily, she knew the guy she was working with liked to take those "breaks" and take a nap to pass the shift. That moment was a better as any.

She sprung from her seat and left survellience. She followed the same route her fellow lieutenant had taken. Her head glancing back every so often to make sure she wasn't followed.

For a moment, she thought her key card might not work but was reassured by the green light after a quick swipe. She let out a sigh of relief as she turned the knob. Thankful, for her status allowing her into many things.

Her feet followed along the corridor carefully. Her eyes and ears alert for anything that might come her way. But everything was silent.

It wasn't till she reached a main corridor that caught her attention. Down the corridor were doors in their own sections of the mountain. She passed a few doors before looking into a window.

Never in her life would she expect to stumble across something of that nature. A man laid strapped to a chair. A outsider that wasn't in the medical corridor was off to her. She hurried to the next and the next. Each one similar to the last.

Taking a brave step she entered into the next room. Inside was a man stepped down but no movements came from him.

She looked him over and saw the tattoo markings on his tanned skin. Her mind wondering to what she might be going on. What could they possibly be doing to these people in these rooms?

Suddenly, the man moved making Zara jump. But his eyes scanning the room and settled on her. Zara was hesitant in her next action. She had no clue what to do. But the look in his eyes suggested he wished to be anywhere else than there.

"I'm Zara. I'm gonna get you out of here." She spoke up quickly before trying to undo his restraints.

The thought of why she was helping him or how she would get him out didn't cross her mind. All she knew was that she had to help him somehow. But the struggling he was doing against her actions made it difficult.

"You need to stop fighting me. I can get you out." She protested against his actions. But his movements didn't stop.

Instead, he spoke one word that sent shivers down her spine.

"Run."

She stood frozen for a moment before turning and exiting the room. She closed the door behind her before running the way she came.

Lincoln laid on that chair and let out a deep breath. Cage had injected the red serum into his veins regularly and something inside him felt off. He didn't trust himself in the presence of the girl. He wasn't aware of how powerful he could be when he had no control on himself. He was turning into what he feared most and there was nothing that could be done.

Zara sat in that room watching the monitor closely. Her eyes never leaving the ones that connected to that certain corridor. Someone was creating something down in the depths of the mountain and she was determined to find out who.

What Zara hated the most was having no one to confide in. Her mother couldn't care less about what she might tell her. Bringing her friends into it would only mean that one day they might take the fall for her actions. She wanted someone to believe that she wasn't turning against their own people. But most importantly, who could she trust?

But the questions she had would only be raised in the next few days. Because the next incident would involve someone she is most closest too and she wouldn't stand for them to be harmed.