26| Lodging: Day Three

Start from the beginning

"Mind explaining to me what the fuck happened when I was asleep now?" Katsuki snarled.

"Denki almost slipped up and spilled that Todoroki is gonna propose to Midoriya today, so he covered it up by proposing to Kiri instead," Mina informed with a nonchalant shrug. "But he didn't want to make it gay, so he said, 'no homo', and then... well, this happened."

This shit was too idiotic for Katsuki's brain to handle, and Bakugou.exe subsequently crashed just as Todoroki dropped to one knee with a velvet box in his left hand. The blond didn't process all the screaming and cheering, nor did he process Midoriya's hefty sobs as he accepted the proposal, but his brain managed to do a hard reboot and bring him back to reality just as Eijirou wedged himself under his arm, his head lovingly resting on his shoulder. Not even an hour into the day and he was already reeling from the volumes of idiocy being thrown his way.

There was only one item he could use in a situation like this before the damage was permanent.

Bakugou used: Compliance!

His defense increased tremendously!

"Say, since you're the real couple here today, why don't you two take the first dance?" Denki suggested, winking at the newly engaged couple. Midoriya angled his head to glance at Todoroki, his eyes glazed over with tears. Todoroki smiled at him, and Midoriya smiled back before nodding in return to Denki's question.

"We'd be honored, Kaminari."

As if this was planned, which it probably was at this point, Denki snapped his fingers and the rest of the group spring into action, bolting to opposite ends of the room as Denki shouted, "Set the mood, people!"

Eijirou stayed glued to a completely compliant Katsuki whilst the others shrouded the room into subtle darkness with blankets over the windows. The fairy lights were switched on whereas the lights were flicked off. The small silhouette of Jirou was viewable a few feet away, and soon the light from Denki's phone screen illuminated her amused face as she scrolled through a playlist, her feeble finger tapping on the screen once she located whatever song was chosen for this next pointless event.

"Let's take our time tonight, girl
Above us all the stars are watchin'"

Todoroki bowed before Midoriya, his hand extended out to him as the music painted a suffocatingly romantic atmosphere. Midoriya's lips trembled into a lopsided grin.

"There's no place I'd rather be in this world
Your eyes are where I'm lost in"

Midoriya slipped his hand into Todoroki's, and the dual-quirk wielder straightened himself and drew his body closer to his now fiancé's. His other hand found Midoriya's waist while the green-haired crybaby let his rest in the crook of Todoroki's neck.

"Underneath the chandelier
We're dancin' all alone"

Todoroki planted a soft, gentle kiss on Midoriya's forehead, eyes closed and clearly enjoying this moment they were getting the opportunity to share.

"There's no reason to hide
What we're feelin' inside
Right now"

The duo danced slowly to the beat of the song, a gentle back-and-forth swish of their bodies synchronized with each other. Midoriya's ring twinkled in the lighting above them, and he pressed his head to Todoroki's chest, eyes rolling until slipping shut as he deserted the handhold to embrace a strong neck. Todoroki laced his fingers at the small of Midoriya's back, his head resting on top of the others, cheek pressed into the soft curls of green hair.