25| Lodging: Day Two

Start from the beginning

Midoriya apologized sheepishly whilst Iida slid his frames on, blinking a couple of times before crossing his arms. "And turn this music down! I could hear you all the way upstairs!"

"Well, if you want to hear Hanta and Mina having sex, be my guest," Denki shrugged, a sly grin on his face as his hand went for the volume knob. The others, including Todoroki, jumped towards the golden-blond, all collectively crying out, "No!"

Amused, Denki shrugged again. "Okay, suit yourself!"

The group was joined by Jirou not too long after Todoroki finished making breakfast for everyone, and they gathered around the dining table, thanked the dual-quirk wielder for the food, and chowed down. Eijirou, oddly enough, didn't sit next to the blond, instead settled down between Todoroki and Denki on the opposite side of the table. Denki let out a deep sigh as he leaned back in his chair and rubbed his stomach. "Yo, that really hit the spot, Todo-bro!"

Ei hummed in agreement, his face sprinkled with crumbs as he beamed at Todoroki. Todoroki smiled back softly and handed him a napkin. Wait, what the fuck? A scowl made its debut on Katsuki's face. The fuck was going on between those two? First, they were chatting it up in the kitchen last night about whatever, and now the fuckers were grinning at each other?

The blond huffed as he turned his head, muttering, "I could've made it better..."

Midoriya hummed beside him. "You're probably right, Kacchan! Assuming you'd make it the way your mom does, it probably would be better, but then again, Shouto's been practicing a lot, so I dunno, maybe we could have a katsudon cook-off?"

Katsuki narrowed at Midoriya's all-too-eager facial expression. Was he implying his cooking was now subpar to that half 'n' half bastard of his?

"Whatever, you greedy fuck." To this, Midoriya cheered, not that he wanted that reaction from him, of all people. Then again, he could use this opportunity to poison him and keep him from working a couple more days so he could claim the no. 1 hero spot for a moment. But then again, it wouldn't be a fair win for Katsuki; he could never be satisfied with himself if he won with that dirty trick. The blond huffed again, propping his chin upon his balled fist while Midoriya rambled on about how excited he was to eat again or whatever. Katsuki dared to sneak a glance at Eijirou again, and to his surprise, Ei was staring back at him with a small smile on his face.

Trying to find a time and place to talk to the redhead had proven troublesome. When Midoriya, Iida, and his other three idiots weren't breathing down his neck with their weird-ass shenanigans, Eijirou was busy chatting it away with that stupid Canadian flag. When the evening rolled around, Ei would either already be asleep or staying up to hang with Denki and the rest (to which Katsuki would already be asleep by the time he went to bed). It was only their second day here, so maybe these things were just a coincidence, but shit, he was feeling starved of attention.

Christmas was supposed to be a couple's thing, yet here he was stuck in a chalet up in the mountains in a couple's retreat turned friendly group trip when he'd rather be isolated with the redhead snuggling in front of a cozy fire, as corny as that shit sounded.

"Hey! We should go cut down a tree!" Mina called out, slapping a hand on the table. "And we could decorate the lodge and stuff!"

"Are we really allowed to do that?" Eijirou question, his gaze going over to her instead of the blond. Katsuki huffed again, stabbing at the cold remnants of katsudon that had long since been abandoned at the side of his plate. Mina shrugged.

"Maybe not, but if anything, we'll just clean everything up before we leave. We can do that, right, Pastor Iida?"

Iida pushed his glasses further up the bridge of his nose, clearing his throat. "I suppose making the chalet a bit more festive-looking won't be too bad..."