Chapter 15 - Yemen

Nate, Sully and (Y/N) step down out of the plane and a luggage carrier is pulled past, revealing Elena Fisher.

"Elena Fisher, Foreign Correspondent." Sully says and she chuckles. "Hey, Sully."

"How you doing, sweetheart." He goes to hug her, but she backs up.

"Uh, no, sorry that's frowned upon here. So that means, keeping your hands off each other." Elena points accusingly at Nate and (Y/N).

"Oh, right."

"I can try." (Y/N) sighs, playfully.

"You two can hold holds though." She motions between Nate and Sully and Nate laughs at her comment. "How are you, Elena?"

"Good, thanks."

"You look great." (Y/N) complements her and she smiles, returning it.

"So, against my better judgement. These permits will get you through most checkpoints." Elena hands them to the three. "Oh, and I shouldn't be worried about what's in those bags right?" She jokes, pointing to them.

Sully scoffs. "Course not." Nate reaches for Sully and the two hold hands, making (Y/N) laugh at their behaviour. Sully pulls his hand a way, sighing and shaking his head.

(Y/N) walks ahead, keeping in pace beside Elena. "All right, remember, you're journalists now. So, try and act respectable." She pleads, the three hooking their journalists tag on their belts.

"Think you can handle that?" Nate asks Sully. "I think she's talking to you." He replies, chuckling.

Pushing open the doors, Elena and (Y/N) walk in front of the boys. "What exactly are you three reprobates up to?" She questions, glancing at the two behind.

"Just a little historical research." (Y/N) answers. .

"Right, so that explains the big rush." Elena says, leading them to a jeep.

"Exactly."

"No cursed treasures?"

"Nope."

"No diabolical warlords?" Elena continues, referring back to their trip to Shambhala.

"No..."

"See, (Y/N), I would believe you, except for the fact that you are the worst liar!"

"What?" (Y/N) exclaims, stopping to face her and two boys manage to catch up. "You are, to be fair." Nate shrugs and she hits his arm.

"Excuse me, but where's the car?" Sully interjects.

"It's over there." Elena points to it, a short distance away.

"I'll just take the bags and meet you." He says, grabbing mine and Nate's bag. "I'll join you." (Y/N) says, rushing off after him. With Elena and Nate, she waits for the two to stop at the car before speaking:  "She's not wearing it."

"What?" Nate asks, turning to her and she sighs.  "(Y/N). She's not wearing the ring." His mouth is agape and he rubs his eyes. "It's not that simple."

"It seems pretty simple to me."

"We decided it wasn't the right time for all of that, yet." He states.

"You had an argument, didn't you? You're still wearing your ring, and this is what it's all about isn't it?" Elena questions.

Nate raises her eyebrows in surprise at her and then sighs, remembering what her job was. "You don't understand."

"You had an argument with (Y/N) over this whole thing that you've come to do before it even started." She states.

"I didn't want another Shambhala experience happening." Nate mutters.