12: Seigaku Regulars Are In Danger

Start from the beginning

He was surprised when he heard that. And when he looked upstairs where he heard the voice, he saw a woman about the same age as Nanako standing there.

"Shouko-san, what are you doing here?" Yukiko asked.

The woman named Shouko bowed politely to the couple. "I should be heading to Hokkaido yesterday to finish our research and to confirm something that Ares told me. But I never made it there due to some... interferences."

"So Themis went after you, huh?"

She nodded. Then she faced Ryoma. "Rin-chan seemed to have taken good care of you, Echizen-kun," she said with a smile.

He questioningly looked at her. 'How did she know that?'

"I know you're wondering how I found that out. By the way, I'm Miyuzaki Shouko. My older sister, Shouda, told me earlier about what happened to you a week ago. And the people that Rin-chan feared the most were the reason why you almost died. But it appeared that... there's more to it than just a simple chase. It's the real reason behind that motive is something that you want to find out, that's why you came back here. Am I right?"

He stared at Shouko for a while as soon as she finished talking. He then sighed as a sign of giving up. Looked like interrogation time was about to start.

"You're right," Ryoma mumbled before glancing at his mother. "Okaa-san, there's something I'd like to ask you."

"I know what you want to ask from me. But only your father can answer that. Only he can tell you the whole truth about what you want to know for the sake of that kid who saved you."

Ryoma, Conan, and his parents were puzzled. "What do you mean?"

But his mother only smiled-albeit sadly-and looked at him intently. "You better go to the tennis court. He's been staying there for at least an hour now."

'Probably reading his magazines again...' Ryoma could only think as he shook his head slightly. But admit it or not, he kind of missed his father during that dangerous week that had passed.

Then all of them went to the living room except Ryoma who decided to see his father at the tennis court alone. But Conan couldn't help but ask himself a question.

'Are we going to be able to find answers to the questions about what's going on with Echizen-kun?'

But he guessed that he would learn probably everything about it soon enough.

-x-x-

Going to Seishun Gakuen...

Using her turbo roller skates (1), Kourin managed to go out of Beika District heading towards her destination: Seishun Gakuen. This was where the Seigaku regulars were studying and having their practices. Somehow, in about 40 minutes, she finally reached the said school.

'Finally, I made it!' She thought triumphantly as she looked at the school with amazement. But as of the moment, she could only feel little amazement at it.

Right now, she needed to find the people she has to talk to -- Fuji and Momoshiro. The same people who saved her a week ago from those punks who were bullying her back then.