Fights

-Ellie's POV-
I walked into the last class of the day. College Algebra. I sat in a seat in the back dropping my bag lazily beside me. I sighed. Stretching myself over the top of the desk internally groaning. I hate math.

I sat up and everyone was looking at me. Let me explain. Most kids take this class their senior year. I'm a sophomore. I slumped down in my seat. My heart pounding. I hated attention. Just stop looking at me!

Then my eyes met with Jax. I froze. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! I gulped and sheepishly smiled at him. He glared at me suspiciously.

-timeskip-

The bell rang and I grabbed my bag slinging it over my shoulder rushing out of the room but I was pulled back by my bag and slammed up against the locker. I slumped down my eyes closed. I'm used to this by now. Occasional bullying. Usually I can protect myself but I've never told anyone.

"Open your eyes dumbass." Jax said. I cautiously opened my eyes and looked up at him. I was scared. "Why the hell are you in college algebra?!" He questioned. "I'm above my class in math, they recommended the class to me." I said. Slumping down even further. "Whatever Just don't make me look like a fool!" He snapped. I nodded. He left. I sighed sliding down the locker completely.

-Another timeskip-
I was yet again slammed up against a locker. "Oh your so gonna get it this time Johnson!" The males of the football team snickered. I tried to throw a punch but he caught my hand and bent my arm. "OWW!" I whimpered. Then he punched me in the eye. Great now I can have a black eye. And then I was thrown to the ground getting the shit kicked out of me. I heard the bell ring.

I cried silently. Curled up in a ball I just waited for the pain to end but it seemed eternal. But then it stopped. I didn't dare open my eyes. I let out a small sound of a sob. Then I heard yelling.

"GET TO CLASS, YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAT UP AN INNOCENT KID LIKE THAT?! HOW DESPICABLE!" I heard Jax. I felt a gentle touch on my arm. I opened my eyes. It was Will. Will and Jax were my heroes. I tried to move to hug them but it hurt too much.

I whimpered. "Jax we gotta get him to the bathroom." Will said. "Don't freak out nerd." Jax said as he picked me up gently, bridal style. I gulped.

I was brought to the bathroom and set on the counter. Jax was holding me steady. Will cleaned the blood off my nose and mouth. Then he iced my eye. It felt good. "Lift up your shirt." Will said. I blushed because Jax was right there but I obeyed.

I lifted my shirt up and on my right side it was disgusting. It was scraped and red and swollen. Black and blue bruises scattered the swollen section. As green splotches indicating infection covered the area. I was panicking. "Oh my god." Will said. He wiped it but I yelped in pain. "This isn't gonna work. It's too sore." Will said. "I've got Painkillers in my bag." He said taking out the meds and handing me a water bottle.

I took the meds. I was scared and in pain. He gently wiped it again and I bit my lip holding back tears. You have to be strong in front of Jax. I held my breath as my brother cleaned it with alcohol. The swelling was going down and the green was slowly disappearing. I sighed in relief. "Come on we are going home."

-timeskip at home in the car-
"This is why you need the gang." Will stated. I gulped. "I told you I can take care of myself." I said annoyed. "Yea and look where that got you." Jax commented. "Come on Ellie, you are already friends with all of us you'd fit in just fine." Will said. Tears spilled out of my eyes. "NO I WONT!" I viciously wipes my tears as they fell.

They looked at me surprised. "ILL NEVER FIT IN! NOT WITH THIS DAMN SCHOOL NOT WITH YOU GUYS NOT WITH THE WORLD, IM WEIRD AND PEOPLE DONT LIKE WEIRD! YOU GUYS ACT LIKE EVERYTHING IS OK WHEN IM AROUND BUT ITS NOT! I DONT EVEN FEEL LIKE IM LIVING. I FEEL LIKE IM LIVING SOMEONE ELSES LIFE OR LIKE IM FLOATING OUTSIDE OF MY OWN BODY WATCHING MYSELF DO THINGS THAT I CANT CONTROL!" I snapped. Sobbing into my sweatshirt. I pulled up the hood.

"You guys don't get it!" I sobbed.

"Why wouldn't you fit in you always have?" Will said.

I glared at them.

"BECAUSE IM ADOPTED WILL! OK IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR?! I NEVER FIT IN, THIS IS YOUR LIFE WILL NOT MINE, MOM AND DAD THOSE ARE YOUR PARENTS!" I sobbed.

"Your what?!" Will said his voice shaky.

"You were gonna find out sooner or later so it might as well be right now from me!" I snapped.

"I DONT FIT IN SITH THIS FAMILY!" I said. I got out of the car slamming the door shut. I swung the door open aggressively slipped off my shoes still sobbing.

"Ellie sweety whats wrong?" My mom asked. I stormed passed her upstairs and into my room I slammed the door shut locking it. I slid down it sitting on the floor my knees to my chest as my hands were gripping at my hair.

I sobbed.

-Wills POV-
A tear fell down my cheek. I didn't know how to feel. So many emotions were overwhelming me. Jax and I got out of the car and went inside. "Will why is your brother upset?" Mom asked crossing her arms.

"I-Is it true?" I asked my voice shaky.

Is what true?" She asked confused.

I looked up at her.

"Is Ellie adopted?!" I said the tears now spilling. She froze.

"Did he tell you?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yes he is." She said. I felt betrayed. I felt angry and upset and sad. This whole time I thought he was my actual brother.

I ran upstairs. I frantically knocked on his door. "GO AWAY ILL ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE." He sobbed. "Ellie please!" I begged. "DONT CALL ME THAT!" He snapped. "I'm not your brother and I never will be!" He yelled. My heart hurt. I slid down the door sitting on the floor my knees to my chest. Jax sat across the hall from me right in front of me. Our feet touching.

I leaned my head back against the door. I closed my eyes. "Ellie I love you, you are my brother, you do fit in, you are a part of this family and you always have been and always will be! Mom and dad are your parents!" I yelled frustrated that he would ever think he wasn't a part of this family.

Jax looked upset too. He was proabably feeling guilty for teasing him. Jax got up and pounded on the door. "ELLIE FUCKING JOHNSON OOEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR NOW OR IM BUSTING IT DOWN!" Jax yelled. I got up moving out of his way.

-Jax's POV-
The little shit thinks he has the right to say he doesn't fit in! I gritted my teeth. I heard a click. I opened the door and grabbed Ellie by his collar my eyes watering. "YOU THINK YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO THINK YOU DONT FIT IN?! WE CARE ABOUT YOU ELLIE MORE THAN SOME OF US WOULD LIKE TO ADMIT! IF YOU THINK FOR ONE FUCKING SECOND THAT YOURE NOT APART OF THIS FAMILY YOURE DEAD WRONG!" I snapped at him a tear sliding down my cheek. He hugged me.

I stopped. I loosened up and hugged him back. He was on his tippy toes. His sobbing became quieter and gentler as he slowly calmed down. "We love you Ellie and don't ever think for a second that we don't, you hear me?!" I said pulling away. He wiped his eyes nodding.

"Good."