A Throwback Thursday

Start from the beginning

Halley Bodea was dangerous.

Reece heard a lot of things about her. A lot. Some just seemed like horror stories that should be told around a campfire, there are a few that made him think people here smoked way too much crack. But that was before he met her.

And when he did, the stories seemed to be a little tame.

Halley Bodea was just like a bomb: loud, fiery and downright explosive.
_______

"What's the deal with her anyways?" When he looked around, the atmosphere in the hall changed. It wasn't very cheerful in the first place, but the vibe made him think that somebody died."She looks...normal."

And it was true. Halley Bodea, much to Reece's surprise, did not look like a seasonal monster cannibal. But with her blooming, bright red hair, heavy mascara and dark lipstick, she didn't exactly look welcoming either. Plus, the grey hoodie and black sweatpants just made it obvious that she wasn't a morning person.

The guy standing beside Reece- no, he couldn't remember his name- made a sound; something like a snort and a choke. "You don't know what she's done here." His voice was squeaky, kinda funny. "She's been arrested 5 times. Apparently she's broken into at least 9 homes, this year alone. And that's just half of her list."

Well, someone's a fan. "Okay... Then why isn't she shipped off yet or something?" Reece was still looking at her. Her locker wasn't very far from his place.

"Police never found enough evidence for anything. Every confession she makes, she just takes them back."

"Um, I don't think that's how confessions work, but okay. Whatever, she seems-"

"HEY JACKASS!"
A loud slam made both of them, along with the rest of the ones in the hallway, jump. It was too late once Reece realized it, Haley Bodea was looking right at them.

"If you and that sorry little scum want to shit talk about me, then why don't you come drag your ugly legs here and say it right to my face!" Her voice was harsh, it felt like they dug beneath his skin and into his soul. But the worst part was definitely her face. The eyes, especially. Fire rose in the black irises like flames from Hell. It might seem like an exaggeration but that was the only thing Reece could possibly compare them to at that moment.

And he was so close to getting burned.

He tried his best to find the spirit in himself to try and speak up, but it was like all of his crap worth of courage ran away, like they didn't want to get involved with this girl too. In the end, all Reece could manage was tear away his eyes away from hers and look at the floor like he wasn't about to get murdered.

Fortunately enough, the red-headed demon didn't push things further but just walked away with smugness all over her face. Then suddenly everybody unfroze, as if they just noticed that it was time for class. Reece knew that some people spared glances at him, but he didn't exactly feel enthusiastic about it.

From that day, Reece steered clear from Halley Bodea.
That is until, on the 15th February, a day where he almost literally made a deal with Hell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stared at the piece of paper in his hand, a small, thin white sheet that had his name written on it with awfully messy handwriting made by an equally awful teacher. His eyes couldn't stop from glancing at the huge, red scribble on the top that spelled out that god-forsaken word.