Am I Rich Now?

His heart sunk like a shipwreck, slowly going deeper and deeper into the ocean after hitting an iceberg. But unlike that ship, Reece felt like he was just asking to ram through that mountain of death from the beginning. It was a disaster waiting to happen.

The unmoving body of the girl lay on the floor, being so still that for all he knew, she was dead.

'Don't be ridiculous,' he thought, shaking his head.

Nobody really noticed her. They didn't pay any attention to the body at all: the people trying to get in and out of the house simply stepped over her.

Suddenly, all those Friday the 13th movies where people were killed in plain sight made sense.

For the first time in a while, Reece didnt know what to do. Part of him wanted to follow his instinct of avoiding trouble and just walk away from the scene, act like nothing happened, as if he had no idea who the girl was. But in another part, the one that he did not like very much, he felt a twinge of guilt. After all, he was the one that got caught pouring the pill into the drink. It was because of him that she drank it.

And if anything were to happen to Sierra while she was unconsciouscompletely unaware of what is going on around her. If suddenly a couple of horrible people decided to take advantage

He shuddered in disgust at the idea.

And that was enough to move his legs towards the house again, limping as he felt pain in his legs with each step, as though the thorns were still hooked in his skin. Hopefully, they would heal overnight, or else he'll have to go to school walking like a crab.

It felt like a huge rock just rolled off his shoulders when he saw the slight movements from Sierra. Once he was close enough to see, it was clear that her chest heaving up and down as she took short but deep breaths

Reece let out a sigh of relief before he slid his hands under her back and lifted the body. Grunting at the weight, he struggled to keep his balance as he not-so-gently threw her over his shoulder. Her small size made it easy for him to keep a firm grip but it certainly wasnt any lighter.

These kinds of situations gave him motivation to work out more often.

It was hard for him to move, and there were a few moments where could have toppled over as the pain in his grew stronger each moment he was standing, but when he actually succeeded walking out of the driveway, Reece felt as though he had succeeded enough to win an award. Maybe an Oscar for acting like he was a good person.

The streetlights in the neighborhood lined up all the way by the sidewalks until the end of the road but barely any of them were actually on. As if that did not make the night dark enough, the moon was hidden behind the clouds, only a hint of its light managed to shine through. But still, the night had that ominous feeling that made Reece think that he should anticipate a vampire to suddenly pop out of nowhere.

But unfortunately, life wasn't that cool because the only person that popped out of the bushes around the house was a familiar red-headed girl. Well, perhaps this was as close to a vampire as he would ever get.

Because Halley definitely looked like she's ready to suck the blood out of him.

She stomped over to him, her boots clacked against the pavement loudly and her frizzy hair blew wild from the gust of cold air that brushed past them and it somehow made her look like she was a burning flame in the night.

Frankly, she looked even scarier than usual.

"What are you doing?" The fact that she wasn't shouting made it worse, her quiet hisses were more threatening. "I want her signature, not the person!"