A Throwback Thursday

Long time no see! Well, I won't say a lot but I'm really happy to finally write again! Haha, enjoy!

-------

He was 14 when his family moved to Florida. It wasn't anything too weird. The moving. They did that a lot of times, for as long as he could remember.

Reece used to think that this was how people always lived; never settling down in one place, never sticking with one root but just grow into branches after branches. He used to love all the different views seen everywhere, all the different ways of living. Some places were warm, others were chill. At some places, people could spend hours and hours outside to play, but also a few where it was much safer inside than the dark streets out there.

But once middle school started, Reece slowly realized that the life he lived kind of sucked. Admittedly, he wasn't much of a social person to start with, always one of those kids that would just stay quiet enough so that people would either be interested or just ignore him. But still, he had friends... Sort of.

No, they all weren't very close friends. By no means were they BFFs. He didn't get friendship bracelets or spend all night and all day wasting time talking about absolutely nothing.

But he still kept the memories, it just so happened that some of those moments were sweet enough to make a lasting impression for Reece.

Then a year passed by and Mom said it's time to go.

Of course, all the friends he made gave Reece all sorts of ways to keep in touch: E-mail, Facebook, whatever it was. He'd do the same but honestly, we all know the truth.

Time would erase everything. For the first few weeks, it'd feel like a missing piece in the puzzle. But it wouldn't take long for that to be replaced. In the end, the missing piece would just be drifting faintly in the back of their minds.

Reece didn't mind too much, it just kind of sucked. And he wasn't the only one thinking that way.

Mom knew what she was getting into when she married Dad, an aspiring Navy that wanted nothing more than to pass down the family tradition of having the sons serve the country. She was prepared to carry all the burden, she was patient in following his lead to every corner of the continent. But patience has its limits. After almost 2 decades of living life like a nomad, she finally grew tired.

Whether she was tired of the life she was living or the love she was trying to keep alive, it was still unclear.

But finally 2 years ago, she made the decision for the family. And so they all moved to Florida. To Mom's hometown and conveniently, where his brother's, Joshua, university was.

So when Reece entered Eastview High, he was kind of mentally prepared to not have a lot of friends. Too bad, it's always been a reminder for him to not get too attached to everyone he met, because well, usually he'd end up leaving anyways.

Now? The thought of having to stay kinda freaked him out.

But it turns out he didn't have much to worry about because kids at Eastview didn't really notice me. Reece Alexander wasn't a new boy in town for them, he was just yet another addition to the antisocial society there.

But even amongst the quiet halls of Eastview, there was always the same thing that hung on everyone's lips. The same name repeated over and over again, everybody knew it.