2: Meeting Momoshiro & Fuji

Mulai dari awal

"Is that so?" Haibara glanced at her. "Well, will it be okay if Yoshida-san and I accompany you?"

Kourin agreed. She then made a list of what are the foods she was going to buy so that she wouldn't forget anything along the way.

XXXXXX

On the tennis court of Seigaku...

The practice that day continued even without Ryoma. Though a lot had wondered why he didn't appear in the practice, no one could provide an answer.

Although the Regulars didn't want to, most of them found it odd for Ryoma not to attend the practice. And because of that, most of them were worried. They wanted to know what was going on.

But because of the upcoming tennis tournament, they couldn't do anything, for now, other than practice.

Until later that day, someone managed to provide them with an answer. But of course, it was an answer that had never crossed their minds.

The tennis practice that day ended earlier than it was expected. The reason for this? They couldn't concentrate on the practice itself. While fixing their things, the Seigaku Regulars gathered at the tennis court, much to the curiosity of the other members.

Horio, Kachiro, and Katsuo decided to stay with them. Even Tomoka and Sakuno stayed. Coach Ryuzaki, however, decided to stay in her office for a while.

Like the others, she couldn't help but worry about Ryoma, as well.

"Nya, this is weird. Ochibi can be late sometimes but to think he wouldn't attend a whole day's practice..." Kikumaru said

Oishi agreed. "It's not even his type to be absent in something as important as this when it comes to tennis."

"You're right, Oishi-senpai!" Horio agreed loudly to Oishi.

"But really, what happened to Ryoma-kun?" Kachiro most likely asked himself.

"Do you think something bad might have happened to him?" Sakuno mumbled thoughtfully but unfortunately, it was loud enough for the others to hear, much to her surprise. So she tried to laugh to hide it.

Even Tomoka laughed. "There's no way something bad would happen to Ryoma-sama."

"But there is a possibility that it happened," a person said in a serious tone.

The others looked at the one who spoke. It was Fuji.

All of them fell silent and thought something about Ryoma's actions the last time they saw him.

Then Momoshiro snapped when he remembered something about last night. "Now that you mention it, Echizen seemed to be running pretty fast yesterday even though the road was slippery because of the storm. There were times, as well, that he looked cautious of his surroundings, especially when we're going home together."

"Really?" Momoshiro nodded.

They continued to talk about it. Most likely, they were talking all about Ryoma's odd actions, especially when going home after practice.

But this was disrupted when they saw someone approaching. It was Inoue and Shiba, a journalist and a photographer respectively from Monthly Pro Tennis.

"Inoue-san! Shiba-san! What's wrong? You seemed to be in a hurry," Tomoka approached them as they stopped running.

Even though they were catching their breaths, Shiba managed to say something. "Have you heard the news about Ryoma-kun?"

"News?" Everyone became interested to listen when they heard Ryoma's name. "What kind of news?"