Chapter 3

CLARY POV

Jace and I ended up going to sleep in the same bunk. We got over the awkwardness pretty quickly, when he asked more questions about my family. Then from there, I learned about his parents. They seemed like a loving couple and parents to Jace. At least that's the way Jace had put it. Apparently, his parents were shot in his house, but that's all he would say. I didn't mind, he would tell me the full story when he felt like it.

Jace had his arms around my waist, and my head was on his chest when I woke up. I didn't hear anyone else on the bus awake. I stayed where I was at, I study Jace's tattoos. Some were mainly on his arm, but he had a few on his chest. To me, they didn't mean anything but I know to him that they meant something. They were mainly pictures and sayings. No names, not a lot of color, just black and white.

"You awake?" A sleepy voice said. That made my stomach do this little flip. I slightly nod, and look up at him, his eyes were still closed but I knew he was awake. I wasn't going to tell him, but I slept wonderful. I didn't have a nightmare I usually have; I didn't even wake up sweating. I woke up like a normal person, well as normal as a person can get.

"Sleep well?" He asked, I slightly nod. I felt his chest rumble.

"Are you going to say something?" I could hear the smile playing on his lips.

"Fine, did you sleep well?" He nods and lays his head back down. For some reason, I didn't want to get up; I wanted to stay right here in this moment. But I've only known Jace for a month, I can't be feeling these feelings as strongly as I am, right? But what am I truly feeling? I turned so I was lying on my stomach, Jace's arm still around me.

"What time is it?" I question, placing my hand on his chest, I felt his heartbeat. It was beating awfully fast.

"Probably, not even eight yet." I nod and take a deep breath, taking in his scent. Natural, with a hint of his cologne.

"What do we have planned for today?" His face full concentration.

"Head to Philadelphia, get a hotel room, because we will be there a couple days. Then get comfortable, because the next concert it the day after tomorrow." I nod, ah, my own space for a while. Being only into the second day with guys and me sleeping most of the time. Didn't feel right, I needed to get out for a while.

"Jace... What happens now, with us I mean? We've only known each other for a month, and even then we hardly know each other."

"I say, we learned a lot about each other last night. If you don't want to put a name on it that's okay. We can still get to know each other. I just actually want to get to know you. It's different, than any of the girls I've been with before. You're different." I nod and bit the inside of my lip. Did he just confess that he actually liked me? Ugh now I am actually-utterly confused. Just something about this whole situation didn't seem normal almost. Like it wasn't true, but it had to be. I am here lying with Jace and my hand was on his chest, his arm wrapped around my waist.

I didn't know exactly how I felt about him, but I know it was nothing like my past boyfriends. He was right, this felt right. But with so little time, how did it feel right?

"Do YOU want to put a label on it?" He looked down at me, and then pushed a strand of hair out of my face.

"Honestly, I am not sure. I don't even know what to call this. Girlfriend/ Boyfriend or Friends with understanding of each other and confide in each other. I think you're right, we need to get to know each other more, but again something is telling me... to have you, make sure no one else can. It's confusing." I nod and laying my head back on his chest.

"Well, I better get up for the day. And don't go trying to wake the other guys up, they sleep naked. And I am pretty sure you don't want to see that." I laughed and nod, as I get off of him a little and he got out of my bunk.