Chapter 14 - Cutter And The Escape

Start bij het begin

Sully shrugs. "Like a rabid dog." Cutter nods. "Wow."

"Let's try this again." Nate suggests, changing the subject. "I'll go first this time." He does and (Y/N) goes next, allowing Chloe to follow behind. Sully refuses to let Cutter go last and ends up taking the back.

"Oh great - next thing I know you'll be putting that gun to the back of my head telling me about the rabbits." Cutter says.

"Hey, play nice boys." Nate scolds.

"Yeah, c'mon, you're almost through." Chloe adds, the three already out the other side. "Let's move it along. They'll be looking for us." Sully says, the two joining.

(Y/N) follows Nate until they drop down into a room, a broken statue of a globe sits in the middle. "Amazing... is that a globe?" Cutter asks, astounded.

"Looks like this thing should spin, doesn't it?" Nate questions.

"This is more than just a crypt." Chloe states. "Yeah, the whole damn room looks like some kind of ancient device." Sully adds.

"Where's my notebook?" Cutter checks his pockets, looking over at them. "You gave it to Talbot, don't you remember?" (Y/N) responds.

"What? No I didn't."

"Yeah. And your gun too."

"Ah, bollocks."

"We need to figure out how to get this thing spinning." Sully says.

"The channel. It looks like it was meant for water." Chloe points out.

The five continue looking around until Cutter calls out that he found a stairway, and him and Nate go up it.

"See anything up there?" Chloe shouts up to them.

"I think we can light these!" Nate replies and he lights something up there, the light from the fire being cast down onto the globe.

"They look like some kind of projection. They're marking positions on the globe." Chloe informs him.

The two light the others until all beams were projecting.

Cutter and Nate go silent for a while, the three others continuing to explore, walking their way around to them the other side of a gap. They turn the cranks on their side, allowing the water to flow through and fill up their path.

"Don't tell me we have to swim across." Cutter groans.

"What's the matter, Charlie? Aww, kitty don't like getting wet?" Nate mocks, making his way over.

"I hate getting wet." Cutter grumbles, following.

"Oh, don't be such a sissy."

"Where were you?" (Y/N) asks.

"Y'know, spiders and torches, trynna get the light across to let the water through, that type of thing." Nate shrugs.

The water runs through the channel, and the group opens up the other sluice, letting the water spin the globe.

"Hey, it looks like those light projections may line up with the land masses." Sully says.

It takes him a while, but Nate manages to align the light with the land, showing them their next place: Yemen.

A huge rumbling noise sounds and the pathway descends from the ceiling. "Nice job, kid. You did." Sully congratulates.

"That's gotta be the entrance to the inner crypt." Nate says.

They make their way up towards in and enter, going up the winding staircase, all the way until they enter the inner crypt.

"All right, we're looking for a knight's tomb, just like we found in France." Nate informs them. "Now, if my hunch is right, he'll be buried with the other half of our amulet."