Chapter 26 (Final Chapter)

Skyli's POV

I paced in the living room of my mom's house restlessly as I waited for her. Wyatt was sitting on the couch with Grace sleeping on his chest. We were just going to spring it all on her at once to get it over with. I called her earlier and asked her to come home. After 20 more minutes, we finally heard the click of the lock. I stood near Wyatt next to the couch as my mom entered the living room. She stopped before looking at the scene in front of her.

"Sky? What am I looking at here?" My mom asked. I sighed and ran my hands along my jeans.

"I'm getting married. Wyatt proposed and I said yes," I said quickly. She looked at Wyatt, me, then to Gracie.

"And the child is?" She asked slowly.

"Our daughter," I answered. I risked a glance at her and saw a range of emotions cross her face.

"When...?" She stuttered.

"While you were out with your boyfriend," I answered. I didn't tell you because I was handling things on my own. But I am telling you that I'm getting married. That's all I wanted to say," I explained.

"How old is she?" My mom asked.

"About a year and a half," I answered. My mom sighed before she plopped down in the nearby recliner.

"Have I really been gone that long?" She muttered to herself. I nodded hesitantly. There was no point in trying to tell her that I took in someone else's child. This was the only way to guarantee that she wouldn't interfere.

"And this guy is...?" She asked I surely.

"Wyatt Cook. My fiancé, Gracie's dad, and our neighbor," I answered.

"Gracie," she tried the name out for herself. "Wait... the guy who lives next door and parties all the time?" My mom asked.

"I haven't been like that for a while now," Wyatt corrected her. I sighed as I stood.

"I just came over to tell you. I wasn't asking permission," I said before I turned to look at Wyatt. "Let's go," I said to him.

"Am I invited to the wedding?" She asked as we headed for the door.

"If you're around," I threw over my shoulder as we left. Wyatt stayed quiet as he carried a sleeping Gracie inside. He set her in her bed before coming back downstairs and sitting next to me.

"I don't think she was judging you. I think she was just honestly shocked," Wyatt tried to assure me as he held my hand in his.

"My mom and I don't have the best relationship. She always put her boyfriends over me. I'm not disappointed. I didn't expect much from her in the first place, but it still irritates me," I explained. Wyatt kissed the back of my hand gently before pulling me into his side.

"Well, you've already met my family," he chuckled. "We should discuss wedding ideas," he said, changing the subject. We sat on the couch as we talked about our ideas. We chose a date, our colors and started listing who to invite. After about an hour of that, Gracie woke up from her nap. Wyatt got her before bringing her to the living room. She immediately reached for me and rested her head on my shoulder as I held her. I smiled lightly as I kissed her head.

"Did you want to go to college?" Wyatt asked suddenly. I shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't even know what I would study. I figure for now I can apply for a job at a daycare so I can take Gracie with me," I answered.

"I won't be DJing for much longer. I want to get a more stable job for you two," Wyatt admitted.

"But you enjoy it, and it works out because you get to see Gracie when she's awake during the day," I replied. He shrugged.

"The club isn't really my scene anymore. Over time, I hadn't even realized how much of a family man I've become," he joked.

"You can still be a family man and do what you enjoy. I don't have any problems with you DJing if that's what you want to do. Plus the money isn't bad at all," I said. I knew he was trying to change for us, but I didn't want to force him. He'd already changed so much for us, taking away something he loved would be unfair to him. I dragged myself and Gracie into his life already, and he took it in stride and took care of us. We even fell in love. Anything else would just be unjust. Wyatt kissed my head gently.

"Don't worry. If it's for you two, I'd do anything. You know that right?" He smiled easily. His smile was contagious.

"I know," I smiled back at him. We spent the rest of the day lounging before Wyatt took a quick nap. While he was sleeping, Mimi came over to hang out with me.

"I can't believe you're getting married. If we took a poll while we were still in high school, you would've been the last person voted to marry first," Mimi joked. I shrugged.

"Wyatt and I have come a long way," I said wistfully as I watched Gracie play with her toys.

"Still... you tamed Wyatt Cook. Do you know how big of a deal that is?" Mimi said as she bumped my shoulder with hers.

"I didn't tame him, I just... love him," I answered.

"God, that was so cheesy," she laughed. I couldn't help but to laugh along with her.

"Sometimes I can't help it," I admitted. It was true. Wyatt made me cheesy and corny sometimes. But I couldn't help it.

I was a girl in love.