Chapter 2- Mystery of the Girl

Scarlette entered her room but, was surprised when he didn't follow. "Well? What are you waiting for? Get in. Before I change my mind." She said coldly. Marshall dumbly entered. This girl. She was screaming and crying just a moment ago... Then she's cold the next. He mentally sighed to himself.

'This chick must be bipolar or some shit.' He thought to himself as she plopped herself down on her bed.

"Sit on the couch or something. Just don't disturb me. I'm working." She said, fixing her glasses and returning to her laptop. Marshall looked her over again, remembering her outburst about ten minutes ago.

'Well at least she's calmer now. She must not like me though.' He thought again to himself quietly, staring at the quiet girl tapping away on her laptop.

"So... You're Scarlette Reeves, the heiress to Reeves Exporting?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

She looked up at him through her glasses. "Uh, yeah, you know, since my father is Richard Reeves, head of the company and my mother, Rose Reeves, vice president? It's not rocket science, imbecile. It doesn't take much to put two and two together." He was taken aback by her ferocity.

"Rude much." He scoffed.

She started to growl. "Look, I don't like you. You insulted me when we just met like fifteen minutes ago." She said, with an animalistic fury burning in her eyes, which soon faded. "So... Quit talking to me I'm working." She went back to typing.

He slowly crept up close enough to see what she was working on. He only saw that she was writing quickly and she closed it. "What do you want?" She growled again. "I don't like people around in my business."

"I get it. I surrender." He said, backing up to the couch, arms raised.

She glared at him for a bit until switching to her phone. Marshall looked away, a bit scared. The look of sheer rage faded away in a second and... It was replaced with something he couldn't really identify. It was a bit like sadness but it wasn't. 'What was that in her eyes?  For the fifteen minutes that we've been together there was always a spark of rage in her eyes... But when she stopped being angry... Her eyes stopped shining. Her eyes looked... Dead. What could she-" His train of thought was interrupted by a barely audible sniffle. He looked up and saw Scarlette with a single tear running down her cheek.

"Scarlette? A-are you okay?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to be shouted at again. "What's wrong?"

She looked up with those dead eyes. Those dead eyes that were etched into Marshall's mind and just looked down again. "I'm fine." She said, completely deadpan. "I just... Have to go to the bathroom." She then proceeded to get up and go to her personal bathroom.

"Are you sure? You know that my job is to protect you and stuff and that means... I can be your shoulder to cry on if you need one." He offered.

"No. Just let me go to the bathroom." She said again, louder this time. "Oh... And get Mae to make me a sandwich. She's the cook. Just go into the kitchen. Make it quick."

Marshall stared again as she ran into her bathroom. That girl was a mystery. That girl had a secret. And he wasn't going to rest until he knew what it was...

○●□■○●□■○●□■ A/N: How do you guys like it so far? Suggestions are very welcome! ^_^○●□■○●□■○●□■