Sixteen

*Ethan's POV*

I heard Faye screaming at Grayson downstairs. I didn't think anything of it, that was until I heard the words "I'm done."

"Shit Grayson. What did you do now." I groaned to myself. I climbed out of bed and threw on my black t-shirt and my red Champion shorts. I heard the yelling stop, so I quietly open my bedroom door and made my way down the hall. I'm standing at the top of the stairs and I see Grayson standing there staring at the front door. I quietly walk down the stairs and find myself standing in front of him. His eyes are red and puffy, and his lips were swollen. He had dried tears on his face.

What the fuck happened?

"Grayson?" No response.

"Gray?" Again, nothing.

"Yo! Gray!" I placed my hand firmly on his shoulder.

"She's gone E. She left me." He said in almost a whisper. "She must have had a reason man. What did you do?" He immediately snapped his head towards me. His gaze went from sad, to cold. "Why the fuck would I have done something?" He spat. "She wanted to leave, so she left. End of story." He walked off to his bedroom and slammed the door.

"Did I miss something here?" I scratched my head and sighed.

-

2 weeks later...

*Faye's POV*

It's been two weeks since I broke things off with Grayson, and I'm a complete mess. I miss him so much, but I need to move on just let him go.

Knock Knock

"Faye, can we talk?" Jessie cracked my door open and I patted on my bed for her to come lay with me. She crawled into my bed and plopped onto her back. I rolled over and we both just laid there staring at the ceiling. "Why is this so hard?" I asked her. "Love can be complicated babe, but hey, falling in love isn't the hard part. It's the getting back up after your heart has been smashed into a million tiny pieces that's so brutal." My sister was like a fucking therapist. She told you the things you didn't want to hear, but it's what you needed to hear. "Thanks Dr. Phil." I rolled my eyes and huffed. "I'm just telling you what you need to hear Faye. Don't let Grayson get to you." I turned my head to face her. She rolled over and cupped my face with both of her hands and squished my cheeks. "You laying here in bed, moping means he is winning. Don't let him win!" I nodded. "You're right," I moved her hands from my face. "I'm gonna grab a quick shower and go grab a cup of coffee. Do you want to go with me?" I smiled at her. "Sure! We haven't had any good sister bonding time!" Jessie hopped out of my bed and ran over and gave me a warm hug. "I love you Faye, always remember that." I kissed her temple. "I love you too Jess."

-

I started looking through my closet trying to find something to wear. I wanted to wear something that didn't scream "Hey I just got my heartbroken, can you please pity me," no. I wanted to wear something that screamed confidence. "Perfect."

"