Divulge

-Louis

"Now, Subspace. Omega's often hear that words and either cower away or shudder in delight. Alpha's either sniper with pride or frown with apprehension. Though, altogether it is a beautiful thing for both mates to experience." Mr. Hemmings says, writing 'Subspace' on the blackboard in sharp cursive. I quickly wrote the title down, nudging Harry so he can be subsequent with my actions. And with a low grumble, he does.

"I'm not sure how it feels to be in heat, also, having a mate doesn't clarify every detail. But, I know doubtlessly that ruts are tedious to settle. And that is why us Alphas need our mate during such abstract times." I look to Harry from the corner of my eye and hear him sigh, somewhat glaring at Mr. Hemmings.

"Also take into consideration that though we might get a bit aggressive during that period,  that bond mark on your neck Omegas, means you are to trust us completely. If you ever find your Alpha being too rough or hurting you at some point, you can always use the Color Coding System." (CCS) Mr. Hemmings wrote the words 'red', 'green', and 'yellow', out placing each word below the other.

I for one was utterly perplexed. I've never heard of any coloring system. I look to Harry and his face is neutral and I feel he's failed to mention this to me. I choose not to comment on it until after the period of the lesson has ended.

"If your Alpha is doing his best to pleasure you while doing the same for himself of course, you tell him 'green'. That's an automatic 'go'. Now, this doesn't only apply to mating, but in any event or situation."

I confusedly scrawl it out, carrying my attention back to the front when I was finished.

"Yellow would be a caution. This color code informs your Alpha that things are getting hectic or solemn. At the calling of this color, an Alpha would grow uneasy out of natural instincts to serve the need of his or her mate." Mr. Hemmings scanned the class to be sure everyone was paying attention before he continued reading from the A/B/O text book, spacious and widely splayed his desk.

"When coloring red to Alpha, it's a serious thing. 'Red' results in an Alpha ceasing all their actions. Even if he so happens the simple yearn to move, his body wouldn't allow him to do so. Now, if an Omega decides to call red on their Alpha, they would have to 'green' them if the Alpha is then free comfort you, or any other action. Green always means go." Mr. Hemmings says. My head is heavy with the new information and I can't help but allow curiosity to devour me as to why Harry hasn't spoken to me about it. Or why I haven't heard of it in the first place. Timidly, I rose my hand and waved it a bit, catching the attention of Mr. Hemmings almost instantly.

"Yes, Mr. Tomlinson?"

"Sir, why haven't I heard of this system before? Surely this must be something new?" I asked.

"Ah, well, it is actually quiet new, prior two to three years now. A/B/O Dynamics founded this psychological breakthrough and we were requested it be thought in classes." Mr. Hemmings confirmed and I nodded, finding it hard to fight the gnawing feeling like there was importance behind his words but said nothing. Even as I felt Harry's puerile eyes scalding deeply beneath the epidermis of my skin, to the bone.

→←

The day finally rolled by slowly somewhat to an end as I sat in my class; Psychology, listening as Mrs. Price's slow drawl rang through the classroom full of Omegas. Her voice is rooted and she takes a deliberate breath before and after each sentence she says.

She breathed. "Psychodynamic thinking is a theory that most of what fills an individuals mind is unconscious and consists of conflicting impulses, urges, and wishes." She breathed gravely once more.  "Which perfectly explains the basic scientific theory of an Omegas heat."