Adjoining

-Louis

The following week after my heat, I was drained both physically and emotionally. Physically for obvious reasons, but emotionally because I felt shoddy, unwanted,  and barren. Exactly how I and every other unbonded Omega feels after a lonely heat.

I'm 16, almost every Omega has mated and soul-bonded at this age. I didn't hear the end of it when I left my suffocating room that Saturday. Mum pestered and scolded me for hours on end.

When I was 15, mum was shocked when I told her I felt like I was in freeform-heat; my body was on fire and I was alarmed and confused. Mum thought I had wet myself, but I know she knew better. Being an Omega herself, she guided me through it, as embarrassing as it was, embarrassment was the last thing on my mind at that moment.

Since then, she has accepted the fact that her only child was an Omega. Only dilemma that I have with that fact is now she pressures and pressures me to get mated.

Daily she emphasizes about how she doesn't wish for my future to transmute into one like hers. That of an unbonded Omega. My heart expands to her.

A pregnant,  unbonded Omega is a burden to not only the parents of that Omega, but to him or herself. And I solicit to what ever higher power there might be that I am not this way.

I canter my way into school early Monday morning with dejected steps. I wasn't ready to face Harry today, for our encounter was too mortifying for me to see him again.

I walked through the double stained glass doors and down the extended halls, lined with beige lockers. I stopped at mine, seeing very few people scattered about.

Fiddling with my lock I opened it and tossed my things inside before grabbing my small bottle of pills in the side pocket of my satchel. Popping one in my mouth and swallowing it dry. I cringe at the repulsive taste.

My mum and the school's nurse has requested that I started to take suppressants and I agreed though the pills tasted like a pile of regurgitation. I understood that at a certain age it was recommended,  and a very inflexible rule at Forest Hall. A rule that I now resent but follow nonetheless.

"Hey Lou."

I gathered my witts and looked around the door of my locker at my good friend Zayn, a statused Beta and my best mate.

"Hey Z, how are you?" I closed my locker and leaned against it as Zayn stood merely five feet away.

"M'good. How was the heat? Your phone was off so I called the house. Your mum said you went mental in the halls and they had to take you home.  What's up with that?"

I breathed out deeply and sucked in a morsel of air before shaking my head, feeling beat.

"Oh Zayn, it was horrible. An Alpha induced my heat and-and god it was ludicrous. I can't interpret enough mate." Zayn cast me a look of pity and I groaned.

"Don't give me that look mate. Your pity is not needed, " I rushed out. "How's Courtenay?"

Zayn, being an Beta didn't soulbond but that didn't restrain him from finding himself a beautiful Omega. Beta's can never satisfy an Omega the way that an Alpha can but Courtenay was one year below us and Zayn and her has been going strong.

"She's well Lou, but oh, she sure is driving me mental.  She wants pups, pups! And I'm unsure about it."

"Your her mate Zayn, you know this was bound to happen. I mean, every Omega wants pups." I validated but Zayn just shook his head in response.

"I know Lou, but she's holding me off because of it. You know, her heat was two weeks ago and she didn't even let me come near her!" I sighed, feeling a bit sad for my mate but understanding to Courtenay in any event because I myself wanted pups and I haven't received an Alpha's knot yet. All Omega's wants pups not only for personal reasons but to keep their  Alpha mate happy. I don't expect Zayn to fully understand that.