Wait

-Harry

I watch. I sit crossed-legged on my bed and just watch. I look on as my clock above my bedpost ticks and tocks, it's been doing that for the past few hours actually and now its 7:14. School is at 7:30 but why rush? There was a man, a president. Brave and tenacious, one of a kind. This man once said "Things may come to those who wait but only the things left by those who hustle." So that's why I wait. I never really understood what Abraham Lincoln meant when he said those words but what I do know is that I have two options; wait or hustle. 7:19. Will the clock stop? Maybe if it stops then so does everything else and then, who needs to hustle? My bum gets numb from the slightly uncomfortable position but I stick it out, just waiting.

There's a tentative knock on my door but my eyes remains on the clock.

"Come in." my voice is deep and rough with sleep. Its then that I realize that those are the first words I've spoken for the past few hours.

"Harold, dear, it's time for you to get ready for school. Can I come in?" Mum, she always does that. Give a command to her, and she must double check.

"Yes mum, come in." The old wood creeks as the door opens wide; and another first as my eyes meets hers. I smile as she sits beside me on my bed and rests her hand on my lower back.

"Who's quote is it this time?"

"Abe." I mumble. I have a custom of quoting people. I've always been good at it. I'd like to consider myself a prodigy but I'm not the too good in math and that has to count for something.

"Oh yeah, that's a good one. Your dad and Gem are already downstairs, we're waiting for you love, whenever your ready." I silently nod my head as my mother swiftly leaves my room. I sigh and cast a glance at the clock one last time before unfurling my legs and heading to take a shower. 7:30.

I am downstairs by 7:50 and I know my family so well that I can pretty much guess the conversation we're about to have, I know for a fact that Gemma's gunna speak first.

"Harry what the fuck? How long does it take to shower??" Then my dad is gonna scold her for her language, too calmly if I might add.

"Gemma...language." And that's it, I swear. Mum smiles and sits beside dad. My dad is an alpha, a calm alpha at that, and gramps always called him out on it. Alpha's are supposed to be tough and, well...mean. But my dad is the complete opposite. I believe its because  my mum is a very emotional omega and cries for almost everything. And I don't blame her really, she lives in a house with 3 alphas, my sister and I included and the slightest use of an alpha voice scares her shitless.

"Okay Harry, first day back as a senior and your late. What kind of impressions are you attempting to portray? That of a lame arse excuse of an alpha or a sad arse excuse of one? Your choice really." Gemma smirked. She knew how to get under my skin, knew how to rile me up. I know I'm a terrible alpha, didn't need a constant reminder.

"Shut up." I snarl, desperately attempting to keep my alpha under control, I feel my canines poking at my bottom lip, wanting to sprout out with a growl. And I can see in my peripheral vision my mum flinch. But Gemma doesn't stop, when does she ever?

"Poor Hazza, mateless and sad. Here, tell me who said this quote...."

"Gemma..." My dad warns but it doesn't stop her.

“It's one thing to think you're worthless, and quite another for somebody else to tell you that you are.”  And I blanched. Of course I knew the quote, Dirty Little Secrets- written by the miraculous Cynthia J. Omololu. What a ridiculous name for a great woman.