Chapter Eleven

YN throws her car keys on her bedside table before tossing herself onto her bed, groaning. It's been a long day. A coffee machine broke, some customer threw an entire fit over his name being misspelled, and three of the normal workers were out sick.

And it's been weeks since she saw hide or hair of either Taehyung or Jimin. At the thought of the hybrid, she groans again, burying her face in her pillow. She feels an ache in the place he bit her, remembering the feeling of his lips on her skin. The bite didn't leave much of a mark, only noticeable if you're really looking for it.

There's not a hint of anger in her body about the situation. She understands, truly she does. She'd been rushing, fear of messing up seeping into her bones. She wasn't competent enough to explain to Jimin what was going on - why'd she'd hurt him.

She must have passed out sometime during the escape, as YN woke up safely in her bed, sheets smelling faintly of Jimin.

Taehyung was correct about his prediction. The very next day, mysterious men came knocking on her door, questioning her about a 'mentally deranged hybrid' that was on the loose. They had a warrant as well, so the young girl had no choice but to let them inside her apartment, in which they found no traces of Jimin, even with their bloodhounds. As much as she hadn't wanted to, YN washed all of her bedding and thoroughly cleaned her apartment, using harsh chemicals to destroy any traces of him.

And just like that, he was gone from her life. She's glad, at least, that she and Taehyung were able to save him, even if it means never seeing him again.

She can't fault him for choosing to head out on his own instead of staying with her. The first few weeks she held out the belief that he'd return, in the very least to say goodbye, but alas.

Exhausted beyond belief, she kicks off her shoes and wriggles under the covers, quickly succumbing to sleep.

Her dreams are pleasant, warm summer days spent with someone she cares about, gentle breezes and refreshing waters. Unconsciously, the girl sighs and buries herself deeper into her covers, nuzzling against the warm object in her bed. Something heavy lands on her waist and tugs her closer, soft breaths caressing her skin.

A small part of her brain realizes that something is wrong. YN forces herself to wake up from sleep, screaming when she notices the figure shrouded in shadows. The figure startles, flailing its arms before ultimately hitting the ground with a loud thud, blankets snatched away with it. YN flicks on her lamp, scrambling out of bed and snatching a book off of her dresser, poised to attack.

The lump in the yellow blankets moves, the fabric falling away to reveal an extremely disoriented Jimin, his blonde hair sticking up like he's been electrocuted. The hybrid whines, blinking against the harsh light.

"If you didn't want to cuddle with me, you could have just said so/ You didn't have to knock me off the bed like that, YN," he says, voice high pitched, stressing the syllables and smacking the floor like a two-year-old.

"Jimin?!" The girl asks, breathless.

"Hm?" he replies, rubbing his eyes.

"Am I dreaming?" YN asks, not believing the sight in front of her.

"Why would you be dreaming? Taehyung told me you wanted me, so I came home as soon as I could," Jimin says, staring wide-eyed at the girl above him.

The sheets are splayed all around him, revealing a thin white t-shirt.

The silence stretches on and the man seems to shrink into himself.

"Unless you don't want me after all. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have thought Taehyung was being honest with me. I'm sorry for barging in and waking you," He says softly, rising to his feet, "I'll leave you alone,"

YN lunges across the bed before he can take a single step, hand entangled in his shirt.

"You're," her throat is dry, "You're okay,"

Jimin nods.

"Thanks to you,"

YN stares at him, tears gathering in her eyes. Jimin panics, thinking that he's done something to upset her.

However, he finds himself tugged to the mattress, YN's arms wrapped around his tightly, her comforting scent surrounding him.

"I was so worried. I was so so worried,"

She's practically sobbing at this point.

Jimin hugs the girl tightly, an unfamiliar feeling growing in his chest.

"You want to stay here? With me?" she asks.

"If you'll have me,"

"Of course, Jimin. Of course. I'll always want you,"

The hybrid grins, nuzzling his face into her neck.

"I've missed you. You were all I thought about while I was with Tae. Just wondering if you were doing well. If you were even thinking of me at all, or if you'd forgotten. Wishing I could be around you again, banter with you again. If anyone here's a dream, it's you,"

"I missed you too. I thought you'd left for good,"

He hums, something low. For a wolf, it sure sounds like he's purring.

A beat of silence passes.

"How'd you even get in here, anyway?"

"The door was unlocked. Don't worry, I locked it when I came in. We've really got to work on your life skills,"

YN pinches him.

"Ow!"

"Good to see you're still a brat,"

The two of them somehow end up on the floor in the mess of blankets, faces damp with tears and bright with smiles.

When YN wakes in the morning to the lightly snoozing hybrid, her heart fills to the brim. She's determined to make his life filled with nothing but joy.