━━━ sacrifice

━━━━━━━
SACRIFICE.
━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MAN HAS ALWAYS KNOWN DEATH. Man has always known destruction. And so learning the true meaning of sacrifice has always been a constant since the dawn of time. Knowing when to give up certain values for the good of the rest.

That's all Elena was taught growing up. Hearing the same phrase uttered over and over again.

'We must sacrifice the few to save the many.'

Never fully grasping the true meaning of the words, they went over the girl's head. She never had to make harsh decisions, she was never accountable for anyone's life or death, she wasn't even responsible for her own.

It could be said that being sent to the ground was the best thing that ever happened to her, as she learnt what it really felt like to have people look to you and depend on you for their survival. She valued this as it reminded her of her father's mantra that he instilled in her.

'For my family and for my people.'

Granted she always regarded it as a little dramatic but she could understand why he'd always say it. So they could never lose sight of their true purpose. And if nothing seemed to be certain for her, the goal of doing what was best for her people, her family, would always remain.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CAST

MAIARA WALSH as ELENA SINCLAIR