Chapter 2

Light flooded through the window and into my eyes. It was finally morning. All that night I tossed and turned, unable to get comfortable.

    I got to my feet, walking stiff legged down the hall. At least the rain had stopped.

    I jogged down the stairs and to the kitchen, where Slenderman stood overlooking a few other proxies.

    "Looks like everyone from last patrol is here." Slenderman said, seeing as I had entered and glancing around one last time. I still had yet to figure out how he could see with no eyes, or talk with no mouth.

    "What about Clockwork?" I asked as I noticed her missing presence. Toby sat on the couch, leaning his head back onto his hands. Sadie was right beside him while Jeff was sitting at the counter.

    "Sadie will be taking her place for today." Slenderman answered simply.  I nodded, wondering what Clockwork was doing as I sat by Jeff.

     "I want everyone here to go on patrol again. I decided I would switch it up and the patrol teams would go out two days in a row. You'll have a break tomorrow." Slenderman announced. I groaned inwardly, but I didn't really have anything else to do anyway.

    "When will that stupid barrier be fixed?" Jeff growled grumpily, crossing his arms.

    "When will your attitude be fixed?" Slenderman asked. I grinned at that, glancing at Jeff's facial expression.

     Jeff eyed Slenderman with a dagger-like glare, looking ready to launch himself at him. Thankfully, though, he stayed silent.

    "Any other complaints?" Slenderman asked, looking over us. It's like he was daring us to say anything.

    Slender waved us away when no one else said anything, then disappeared into thin air.

    "Let's hurry up and get this over with." Jeff grumbled. I nodded in agreement, finishing up my cereal before getting up to leave.

    When we all got outside I shifted into my wolf, inhaling deeply. The grass was damp and sodden, squelching between my toes as I trotted off with the others.

    "W-we'll st-stay tog-together j-just in-in ca-se we run in-into any-thing like last t-time." Toby said. I agreed, I wasn't in the mood for attacking something myself again.

    "But if we all split up we would cover more ground." Jeff said in a challenging tone.

    Why can't he ever just shut up? I thought, snorting. I honestly just wanted to get it over with, no matter how we did it.

    "I'm th-the l-leader. If-If you hav-have a prob-problem the-then tell-tell Slenderman." Toby growled, looking Jeff in the eye. Jeff sized up with a glare.

    "Jeff, can you just make this easier for once." Sadie snapped, her eyes blazing with irritation.

    "But it would take too long!" Jeff complained, his voice holding impatience.

    Toby clenched his fists, looking ready to punch him.

    I shifted back into my human and said, "Can you guys stop fighting like children?! We're wasting time! Toby was put in charge, Jeff, not you."

    Jeff whipped his head around to me, breaking his stare down with Toby. I shrunk under his gaze, my confidence suddenly ebbing away.

    I hissed through gritted teeth as Jeff tackled me to the ground, holding his knife to my throat. I struggled under his grip, shock pulsing through my veins. I began to shift, ready to throw him off of me.

    "St-stop!" Toby ordered, grabbing Jeff's torso and yanking him off of me. I huffed as his weight was removed, slowly getting to my feet and rubbing the back of my head.

    Jeff whirled around, swinging his fist to Toby's stomach. His eyes were ablaze. I had almost forgotten how  fast he got irritatedz

    Toby grunted as the air left his lungs, but I knew he couldn't feel pain. He opened his eyes, looking pissed off.

    Uh oh..

    He grabbed his hatchets and swung them at Jeff. Jeff barely dodged, laughing his insane laugh.

    It still gave me chills.

    My eyes widened as they began to full out attack one another. I took a step back, about to get Sadie to help me pull them apart.

    "Sadie, can you help me break them up?" I asked, turning around to face her. But she wasn't there.

    "Sadie?" I called, confused. Did she go off without us?

    "Guys.." I warned, a bad feeling beginning to form in my stomach.

    They continued to attack each other, blood dripping down onto the ground under them. They didn't hear a word that came from my mouth.

    "GUYS!" I said louder. They still ignored me, continuing to lash at one another. Desperation and anger fueled my next move.

   I shifted into my wolf, snarling viciously and launching into the middle of the fight.

    A knife scored across my flank, causing me to bellow in pain. Another blow raked across my ribcage.

    I angrily ripped them apart, throwing them both to the ground. They both grunted as they hit the grass.

    I shifted back. "Where's Sadie?!" I asked, aggravated.

    "Hmph.." Jeff seemed to have calmed down, but he still looked irritated. I rolled my eyes. He was so childish sometimes!

    "S-she was-was righ-right there a-a min-minute ago." Toby said, puzzled. He began to wipe off the blood that trickled from his lip.

    "Well if you guys would have dealt with this better, than she probably wouldn't have left!" I snapped.

    "I-I guess we'll j-just spl-split up and g-go loo-look for her." Toby said after a minute of silence in a defeated tone. Jeff smirked and sat up, seeming satisfied despite his new injuries.

    I huffed before turning my back to them. Everyone in the mansion constantly fought. There was never a moment of peace.

     "Sadie!" I called as I got deeper into the forest. I pushed past some briars and shifted into my wolf, trying to catch her familiar scent in the breeze.

    I dipped my head to the ground and sniffed, but only caught the scent of mud and rain.

    I trotted off even farther, sniffing the wind and trees. Nothing.

    Where could she have possibly gone? I thought as I dipped my head to scent the roots of an oak tree.

    I wove around the tree, ducking under some brambles. When I got to the other side I scanned the forest, trying my hardest to catch something.

    A strong aroma hit my nostrils as I lifted my muzzle to scent the air once more. I choked, immediately sneezing.

    Blood.

***

Boom! New chapter. I'll be back to my regular posting schedule! I hope you guys enjoyed and if ya did be sure to vote n' stuff!

Thorn, Out

Btw thx for reading