↳ four

"You're kind of a bitch

"You're kind of a bitch."

Diego and Odette found a small coffee shop on the hipster side of town where they could talk. Diego found parking right in front of it, and got out of the car.

"Wait, Diego!" Odette called out and he turned around to face her, "You have knives hanging off of you, put them in the car."

Diego rolled his eyes and took the vest with the knives off of him, putting it in his car. He grabbed one pocketknife and put it in his back pocket just in case something were to happen. He opened the door to the coffee shop and Odette followed closely behind.

She found an empty table and walked over there, setting her purse down. Diego quickly came over with their drinks and handed the easier order to Odette.

"I didn't realize how extra you got, with your upside down iced carmel macchiato extra caramel almond milk whatever the hell you ordered." Odette told him, taking a sip from her latte.

"Excuse me Ms. I Only Drink Fiji Water?" Diego shot back at her to which she just chuckled, admitting he was right.

"What exactly are we doing here?" She asked knowing not once in their lives had they gone to get coffee together, and actually stayed at the cafe.

He shrugged his shoulders and got comfortable in his seat, "I don't know. I thought we would just talk."

Odette smiled at him and put her hands on the table as she bent forward, "When's the last time you ever wanted to 'just talk' with someone?"

"You know what your problem is? You're kind of a bitch." Diego told her, knowing she would never take it seriously.

"Well! Where do you think I get that from?" Odette asked him as she raised one eyebrow.

"Me, obviously." He whispered back.

She narrowed her eyes and nodded, "Yeah, you, so I don't want to hear it!" Diego smiled at her and kept smiling for just a little bit too long, "What?"

Diego shook his head, "Nothing, I just-"

"You just what?"

"I don't know. I guess it's still a little bit weird to me that you're here, like, actually here in this city. I honestly never thought I would see you again. I thought once you left you definitely were not coming back." Diego truthfully told her as he watched her drink her latte.

Odette placed the cup down, "And I thought I would never see you again, yet here we are. I honest to God believed that you would never stay here, but you did. I don't get why you did it. I don't get why you chose to stay here instead of coming abroad with me."

"I don't know either. I guess I just wanted to be a hero so bad that I stayed and did what I could until it got to a point where it just became my job. I like saving people, and I like putting bad guys away, but I wanted to come with you so badly. Maybe if I came I would've stolen your heart instead of some idiot." Diego told her, playfully winking at her.

Although Odette always knew she could never see Diego as anything more than a best friend, she decided to play along, "Yeah, you never know. Maybe we would've had a kid together. If only we could turn back time and do it all over again."

"Well, we could ask Five to do it, I mean, he definitely can help us, uh, accomplish that." Diego told her with a very serious tone in his voice.

Odette knew he definitely wasn't joking, "You idiot, that's not happening. We are not doing that."

"Oh, come on! It would be so fun! Diego and Odette take on Europe." He told her, looking off into the distance to dramatize everything.

Odette just laughed at him, "Maybe in another lifetime."

"You know where we should go? Fiji." Diego said, nodding his head at his own thought.

Odette looked at him confused, "You? In anything except your current outfit? Diego, do you know what Fiji is?"

"Yeah, the place with the oceans and stuff." He mumbled, taking a long sip from his drink.

She laughed at him, "Yeah, you'd have to be shirtless for that."

He pointed his to go cup at Odette, "You'd love that wouldn't you?"

"Oh my Go- Diego!" She said fairly loudly, but then brought her voice down, "Maybe."

"I knew it!" He said happily.

Odette laughed, "I was joking, stupid."

"Yeah, sure you were." He said and they both took a long sip from their cups. Diego was first to finish his coffee and so he set his cup down waiting for Odette to finish.

"Oh! I left my jacket at your house. Can we pick it up before you drop me off at home?" Odette asked him, looking up from her phone.

Diego nodded his head at her, "Yeah, of course."

(a/n)!

so like i obviously didn't follow the show for this chapter, but next chapter i will & if you know what's gonna happen after this......... i'm sorry but be prepared