Scene 4

INT. SPECIAL CASES UNIT - DAY

ALLISON WOODS, early twenties, good-looking, blond, a stylish New Yorker, walks down the corridor, reading a printed report. She is the youngest new recruit and already has a strong reputation at the Bureau. Ambitious, she is anxious to make a mark.

She is stopped by Masterson, who comes up from behind and grabs her by the shoulders. She frees herself, walking a step ahead. Then, she turns and stares at him, with an impatient expression.

MIKE MASTERSON: Did you think about my invitation, Allison?

ALLISON WOODS (faking surprise): What invitation?

JASON TODD: Ah, c'mon. To dinner.

ALLISON WOODS: Of course. (sarcastic) Tell me, Masterson. How would you feel if someone asked you to dinner in a pigsty?

MIKE MASTERSON (surprised): What do you mean-

ALLISON WOODS: So, I didn't need to think too long about your invitation.

MIKE MASTERSON: You think you're pretty special, don't you, Allison?

ALLISON WOODS: Out of your league, anyway, Masterson.

MIKE MASTERSON: All that "career woman" crap, doesn't fool me, Woods. I know an Upper East Side girl when I see one.

ALLISON WOODS: Oh, really? how? Let me guess... (making out she is thinking, hard, then, clapping her hands) Of course. Too much Gossip Girl. It happens when a guy can't get dates.

MIKE MASTERSON: I don't know what's with you. Why you gave up the cushy life to join the FBI. But I'm gonna find out.

ALLISON WOODS: I hope you get more luck than you do catching the bad guys, Masterson. 

She leaves.