Scene 2

EXT. FIFTH FLOOR - DAY

Where Special Cases Unit operates. A bustling environment.
Employees mill around, talking on phones. Everyone seems busy
all the time.

INT. SPECIAL CASES UNIT - TODD'S OFFICE - DAY

A somber, elegant office. Dark tones, mostly. Classy
furniture.

Todd talks with Bolsom. On his dark teak table, pictures of
Todd's wife and two little daughters, a small flag of Texas
and an American football.

PETER BOLSOM: Masterson is a lousy agent. A complete moron.

JASON TODD: Don't be so tough on him, Bolsom. He just brought in "the Brooklyn Arsonist".

PETER BOLSOM: By sheer coincidence. He was at the hotel the guy was trying to burn down.

JASON TODD: So what? Being a good agent sometimes means being in the right place at the right time. Like Bruce Willis in Die Hard.

PETER BOLSOM: Sorry, sir, but the Willis character was actually in the wrong
place at the wrong time.

JASON TODD: (surprised) Well, I've never thought that way. (shakes his head) The bottom line is: Masterson got the guy. Probably because his instincts led him to the hotel.

PETER BOLSOM: He was there with a college girl. Who thought she was being stalked by a serial killer - and could be saved by, just who? The FBI agent by her side.

JASON TODD: Gossip. All the best agents attract gossip. You know what they say about me, don't you?

PETER BOLSOM: I don't care for gossip, sir.

JASON TODD: Of course not. I forgot all about your discipline. You're Hoover's biggest fan, I hear.

PETER BOLSOM: No, sir.

JASON TODD: You've got his picture on your table.

PETER BOLSOM: It was a gift, sir. From my ex-wife.

JASON TODD: After or before the divorce? (raising his open hand) Forget it. The bottom line is: don't worry about it. Look – everyone in this office thinks I screw around. Gossip, no proof.

PETER BOLSOM: I believe it began when you showed off the intern's underwear, sir. In front of everyone.

JASON TODD: She'd just dropped them in front of me. I was calling her to get them back.

PETER BOLSOM: Dropped them?

JASON TODD: Oversized draws. It happens more often than you'd think.

PETER BOLSOM: (skeptical) Of course, sir.

JASON TODD: Regarding Masterson. Be less protective, Bolson.

PETER BOLSOM: What do you mean, sir?

JASON TODD: You're the best. No one doubts that. But give the others a break.