Chapter 12

Chapter 12

We had all agreed to meet outside Tom and Pete’s apartment before heading to the opening ceremony; I still couldn’t believe it had finally come round, and that I was going to be at a home Olympics competing for my country. I had washed my hair, straightened it and got into my tracksuit for the ceremony. I had received loads of texts and messages on facebook and twitter saying they would be watching and looking out for me amongst all of the hundred’s athletes that would be there which made me feel great Katie had the same. “Katie you nearly ready?” I called outside the bathroom I swear she had been in there hours. “Yeah nearly two seconds” “K” I quickly double checked myself in the mirror then Katie finally came out of the bathroom “Finally” I laughed “How long does it take you to get ready Kates” “Well tonight is a very very very very important occasion and I want to look my best” “Err what is that important occasion? I can’t seem to remember” I asked acting dumb “Err ummm… I think it’s something to do with the opening ceremony to the London 2012 Olympic games which millions of people will be watching” she shrugged as if it was just an ordinary occasion we both burst out laughing. “Come on let’s go, you look lovely and I know Jack will agree” I laughed while pulling her away from the mirror and out the door. “Okay okay I’m coming and for the 100th time Jack doesn’t like me in that way and you know it” “I bet he does” Ever since Stace had started that thing with me and Tom I had started to notice Katie had a thing for Jack and I was sure he had a thing for her like Chris did with Stace.  “You can talk anyway you were in the shower for at least an hour” she rolled her eyes and changed the subject “Come Katie I’m so excited!” I said while bouncing down the corridor. She laughed, locked the door and followed me.

Once we reached Tom and Pete’s apartment I banged on the door impatiently “Come on Tom we’re gonna be late!” I shouted as he opened the door. I was faced with a shirtless Tom. “Calm down we’re nearly ready Kido keep your head on” he said and walked back in “Gosh Tom don’t get your speedos in a twist” I said and followed him in I heard Katie burst out laughing I turned around and high 5ed her. I saw Pete was sat on his bed on his phone laughing “That’s hilarious May” “Shut up Kido” Tom said as he walked back in from the bathroom this time with a shirt on. “Come on Tom that was kinda funny even you have to admit” Pete said. “Yeah I guess it kinda was I’ll have to remember that one” he said and put his hand on my shoulder “Come on let’s go!” we all bundled out of the apartment and made out way to the stadium.

The opening ceremony was spectacular honestly and I’m not just saying that because it was a home Olympics it was truly nfjgnjegnjnf words cannot explain. It was honestly amazing when they finally called out ‘Team Great Britain’ the atmosphere was amazing everyone in the stadium was on their feet cheering us all. All of the team had small union jack flags and were all waving them! After we finally made our way to where team GB were standing the flame was lit and was amazing and so were the fireworks! At one point we even managed to get on camera. After Tonia said ‘Wouldn’t it be amazing if we got on camera’ we had been trying and nothing was working.  So while Paul McCartney was singing Tom shouted “Kido get on my shoulders?” “What no way Tom” I laughed “Come on live a little” he laughed after h finally persuaded me I agreed to it and Chris helped me onto his shoulders and we began jumping around like crazy, then Katie got on Jacks and Tonia on Chris’s and after Tom jumping and me nearly falling off so many times we finally got on camera. As soon as the camera got on us we all went mental and we all shouted ‘TEAM GB’ and put our thumbs up. It was so cool. I wonder if my Dad was watching or Stace I hope they were.

It was now 2:30am in the morning we had just got back from the ceremony Kat insisted I went straight back and got some sleep even though I wasn’t competing for a few days she just said it was best for me to get some sleep, because I had a few practice sessions and she wants me to be on top form before I do start. At least it wasn’t just me who was forced back Tonia and Tom were too from their coaches. I guess they were right though I needed to be in the best way to compete if I wanted to get a medal and that was my aim to get one. To make Britain proud.