Discoveries

It has been two weeks since the rescue mission, Eli had decided he wanted to catch up with you. So, he invited you to his house.

Which you had to say was luxurious, you weren't fond of the animal heads he had displayed on his wall, but everything else. Well seemed perfect, and screamed Eli.

From the dark oak flooring, leather couch, to the decor. Everything just went perfectly together

The two of you lounged on the large, brown leather, couch. Enjoying the warmth of his fireplace before your frames.

He wore a black t-shirt, matching trousers and boots. His hair slicked back, yet still looked messy.

He seemed lost in thought, distracted.

Finally you had asked. "What...did you find? Before you were captured? You said something about your heritage...?"

"Mhm...it's been...eating away at me-now that I found out the truth."

You were quiet, what truth?

"I don't understand..."

"My existence...was all just-to keep his legacy alive.."

He got up from the couch, pacing slightly. That look of anger sparking in his eyes as he chewed at his lip.
Staying on the couch for a moment you watched him, suddenly he yelled.
"I—I shouldn't have been born!"

This caused you to rush over to his side, he was trembling, from anger, maybe even sadness.

"What—what are you saying-"

"There is no point for me being here—being alive. I'm...just-a clone!"

Both of his hands slammed down onto the wooden table he leaned against. Your frame jumped, startled. Eyes widening, worried and confused.

"Eli...? What are you talking about...?"

"Dear old-dad..." he scoffed, running a hand through his locks. Eyeing the floor. "Had me—and my brother, no twin. Born-so that he could live on...through-through us clones of him!" He growled. Pushing away from the table into the kitchen, following behind slowly you continued to watch him.

You had never seen him like this, when you two grew up together, he's never been like this. So...broken down.

"What do you mean a clone? Eli—your not making sense..."

"None of this does! I just-I Don't know..." he sighed, tucking his head between his arms. Taking in a deep breath.

You came up behind him, gently rubbing small circles on his back. He tensed up for a moment, slowly easing into your touch, straightening his back up.

"I'm...I'm sorry-I shouldn't have lashed out like that-especially in front of you."

"It's no problem...I'm sure it was better to get that all out anyway."

He nodded his head, not making eye contact. Taking a second to rub his face.
His tanning skin was flushed red, cheeks rosy. Eyes watering. He shook the feeling off quickly. Turning around so he was facing you.

"How...has things been with you? Still in contact with Ocelot?"

You nodded your head. "Yeah, He's been away more frequently-hasn't really told me much of what he's doing, but I'm managing well on my own. Have an apartment, and...met you again-so things are starting to feel normal again."

He smiled softly as you spoke, gently guiding the two of you back to the couch. Sighing as your frames sunk into the cushions.

"It's weird...after you went of with Selantropist..? Was it called? I haven't seen you since." You continued, glancing over to the tired looking blonde.

He nodded his head, allowing it to fall back with a small laugh.
"You should've seen their faces-it was hilarious! A riot!"

"I just remember The whole base shaking, then you flying away with it—and taking one of the helicopters. Mr.Miller was pissed!"

"So what~ haha...ah...it was great. I wish you had came.."

With a curious tilt of the head, he then asked.

"Do you, remember our last conversation-before I left?"

"I think so...we were going back and fourth. Between Russian and French, it was disorienting-but fun."

He nodded with a hum, his cheeks tinting pink.
"Do you...ah-forget it...it's dumb-it was over the years ago it doesn't matter."

"What? That you called me your darling bun?"

His whole body immediately shot up from the couch, practically running away.
Quickly chasing after him, calling his name repeatedly.

"I—I did not say that!"

"You said Darling~ I remember that clearly!"
His head shook fast, now running around his home. He leapt over the railing, jogging up the stair case with you scurrying behind. Tackling him at the top of the stairs, causing the two of you to crash.

Your body laying on top of his, both of you laughing.

"Ok-ok! You got me."

"I got you...?"

"Darling."

With a grin your fingers brushed away his bangs, red dust spreading to his cheeks.

"When did you stop being shy?"

"Huh...oh-well..."

Eli then laughed as he pulled you closer to his chest. "Kidding, you'll always be my Shy Hare."

This caused you to bury into his chest. Hiding your flustered self from his gaze. He just hummed in approval by your reaction, his hands now combing through your hair.

"So...are-we a thing?"
You asked softly, meeting his eyes, with a smile he then said.

"I'd like that."