Coffee in Boston

Moon

It was just a normal day at the Autobot base, my nine-year-old daughter playing video games with Raf.

  Miko and Jack were doing homework, and I was seated on the couch, doing my regular load of paperwork for the day.

  The rest of the bots were either out on recon or doing maintenance around the lab with Ratchet.

  As I finished my paperwork and offered to help the others with Ratchet, an energy signature popped up on the main console.

  I went down to the main floor, growing to about Bee's size, and walked up to the keyboard of the console before Ratchet could investigate.

  I typed a couple things in, and I found that this signature belonged to an unearthed Moon Angel relic.

  I decided to go alone, after promising Ratchet I saw anything I would comm Optimus immediately.

I quickly slipped my violet hoodie over my shirt, concealing my dagger belt.

  Couldn't really take the chance of humans spotting me.

  Ratchet reluctantly, (of course) opened the ground bridge for me and I walked through, scanner in hand.

  It spat me out behind a mansion.  It was...  Aged, to say the least, with brick walls an tall iron gates.  Some windows were boarded up, and the back door was wedged open.

  Something to me, at least, didn't sit well with this house.

  I felt...  Strange the longer I stayed around that house.  So I decided to quickly trot away, keeping the scanner tucked inside my hoodie pocket.

  I flipped my hood over my head, my hair shortening and going brown.

  I just had to look around at a few buildings and I could tell I was in Boston.

  The lights, the hustle and bustle of all the people and cars, and all the little shops everywhere.

  I walked down the streets, the scanner silently pulsing the closer I got to the relic.

  I paused, seeing one of my people sitting down at a table, sipping coffee with a friend.

  They spotted me and waved hello.  It was two females, both of which I had seen on the streets of the Moon Realm regularly.

  I waved at them, walking over and starting a conversation.

  "Want a coffee?  My treat." One of the females said, nodding to a open restaurant called "Fadlans' Falafel".

  "That sounds good." I smiled at her.  "But I'm paying you back and not taking no for an answer." I chuckled.

  She nodded, her friend snorting in amusement. "You got it." She said as she got up, winking at me, and getting in line.

  I chuckled, shaking my head kindly after her.

  At the table next to me, I saw what looked like to be three teenagers, and two men eating various items off the menu.

  A boy with messy sandy blonde hair and blue eyes was mowing down falafel, a girl wearing various garments of green and pink sitting next to him, sipping coffee.  Another teenage girl was sitting next to the blonde haired boy, a green hijab draped around her neck.

  Across from them, one of the men was wearing a very stylish coat and fedora, which shielded his eyes and face from the sun, which I honestly couldn't blame him for.  Next to him was a man with platnum blonde hair, a black leather jacket, and a very colorful scarf.

  They were chatting quietly, but I sensed something different about them.

  Demigods, perhaps.

  They had the same feeling about them as my best friend I considered a sister, Silver.

  The female cane back with a small coffee, and I payed her back, sitting down with them and we started to chat for a little bit.

  "So, what are you doing in Boston?" One of them asked, and she quickly fumbled on her words. "If you don't mind me asking." She quickly added.

  I chuckled. "I don't mind at all." I smiled. "I'm here doing some treasure hunting." I chuckled.

  Both females lit up. "What do you think it is this time?" They asked at the same time, and then they snorted in laughter at one another.

  I shrugged. "Dunno." I chuckled.

  I realized the sleeves of my daggers were starting to show, so I quickly slid my sweatshirt back down.

  The man wearing the fedora and suit side-eyed me in suspicion.

  I made no eye contact with him, but the other four at the table beside us shot me curious or suspicious looks.

  "So, uh, anything new with you?" I asked, fumbling with the scanner in my pocket.

  They both shrugged. "The usual." One of the females replied.

  I smiled. "Lies." I joked. "I know what you've been doing around the streets."

  They both blushed. "Okay...  We may or may not have painted some murals..." They said guiltily, staring at thier feet.

  I smiled. "Very beautiful murals, at that.  The place needs a bit of color. Just don't do it around the court." I chuckled.

  They looked surprised at my response. They lit up and started fangirling like I was this huge celebrity to them.

  "Really?!" They both said, thier voices seeping with joy.

  I nodded.

  Thier response was nearly tackling me out of my seat as they hugged me.

  "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!" They both exclaimed, hugging me tighter.

  I laughed as I hugged them back.

  "Which one do you like best?" One of them asked, clamping my hand and both of them bouncing on thier heels like excited children.

  I grinned. "The one beside the cafè."

  They both grinned widely.

  I hadn't realized that them hugging me had pulled up my sweatshirt, revealing the lower half of my dagger sleeves.

  I had all the attention on me from the other table.

  "Thank you, Alph-" one of the females started, but the other clamped a hand over her mouth and shook her head.

  I paled, hiding my dagger sleeves once more.

  They had just accidentally given away my identity to any of my enemies in the area.

  "Um..." I stammered, glancing around nervously.  "Sorry to eat and run, but uh..." I pointed to the streets.

  They nodded. "Go." They shooed me away, and I bolted.

  The whole time, the table of five was staring us down and listening to our whole conversation.

  I was in big trouble...