Damn. He's right. That's exactly what I said I wanted to do...and I need to be strong; I can get through this.

It's just going to get some food.

But he's also going to want to ask me what happened.

Maybe we could get a private room? So if I cry it'll be just in front of him.

I don't know.

"I mean...I guess you're right. I'm sorry. Yeah, just...just give me a couple minutes to get ready. I'm still really sore."

"That's completely fine, take your time Tess," he gave me a gorgeous smile.

Oh no.

It's too early to move on. If I moved on and fell in love with Steve, that would mean I never loved Loki enough. But what's the point in continuing to love him, if he's gone? And never coming back? That's just setting myself up for continuous heartbreak that I'm tired of feeling.

Okay, Tessa. It's alright to think Steve is attractive, because it's a known fact. Every girl thinks he's cute and every man has a hint of jealousy for him.

STOP talking so great of him! He's your friend! It wouldn't work out anyways. That, and he's still in love with Peggy.

Or, is he?

"Hey, Steve?" I called out before he could shut the door.

It swung back open quicker than expected and he stood in the doorway. "Yeah?"

Shit. I'll just ask him at brunch, or whatever. But this is a touchy subject, I wouldn't want to start crying in the middle of a restaurant.

"Do you love Peggy, still?"

I saw him tense up the slightest, hang his head and breathe a loud sigh. He shut the door behind him as he, once again, approached my bed and took a seat.

"Can I answer honestly?"

I nodded. "Yeah, of course."

He rubbed his face. "God, this is going to sound so bad when I say it." He took a couple seconds to respond. "I love her, yes. She's an amazing, badass woman. But... I don't see myself being in a relationship with her anymore, and having a perfect life with the perfect kids and growing old; you know, that trope. That ship sailed a long time ago, sadly."

Wow. He's never been this deep with me.

"I don't know what I expected, but I will say that's good to know. Thanks for being honest." I said sheepishly.

He nodded. "Yeah, no problem."

Then he said something I should've seen coming.

* * *

Loki's POV

"Heimdall!" I screamed.

I was fuming as I ran as fast as I could over the bridge to Heimdall's dome.

The man turned around as I approached him loudly, raising my scepter.