Chapter 4

Angel's P.O.V

"Class, this is Angel, and she's new, so treat her with as much respect as you would each other." My English teacher, mrs. Kara, said.

I waved and then went to go sit in front of Alec. I put my binder full of paper and supplies down on the desk in front of me and prepared myself for sitting through hours of classes again.

Neither Alec nor Dylan had said one word to me since this morning. I had the feeling I'd scared the hell out of them with my whole fever fiasco.

Why did I always manage to push people away? I hated that I couldn't tell anyone my secret, but I knew it was for the best. At least that's what I think.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Hey, how you doin'?" Alec asked me as we headed to lunch. "No crazy sweating or fevers?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for asking, though. Sorry for freaking you out this morning." I laughed.

"It's not your fault. I think we're just all on edge because we don't want to say the wrong thing. Besides, the only girl we've lived with was my mom, so it's a little different."

"Right. I forgot you live in a house full of boys." I giggled. What was happening to me? I don't giggle.

"Come on, you can come sit with me and my friends." He said gesturing to a table in the back of the room.

I walked behind him, trying to avoid all the awkward stares and whispers that I'm sure the kids were doing.

"Hey guys this is Angel. Angel, this is Dylan, of course, Sandy, Brandon, Hillary, and Wesley." Alec said pointing to each of the kids at the table as he said their names.

"Hi." I shyly replied and put my hand up, sort of waving.

"Sup. Aren't you the girl who's sleeping with Dylan and Alec?" A boy with light blonde hair and deep blue eyes, who I think was named Wesley asked, LOUDLY.

Alec face palmed himself and everyone stopped what they were doing to see what he was talking about.

"Dude. Not cool." Sandy said. She had auburn hair, tan skin, and green eyes. She had ginormous boobs and looked like one of those beach models. Minus the blonde hair, of course.

"My bad, I meant staying at their house." He said, feeling kind of ashamed of himself.

"It's fine. Um, yes. I am staying with then for the time being." I smiled.

Everyone in the lunch room was still staring and were dead silent.

'This is going to be a long year.' I thought to myself.