Chapter 3

Alec's P.O.V.

"Jamie!" Was the first thing I heard the night Angel came to stay with us.

When we all came rushing to her room, she was sweaty and crying. And her sheets were singed. Like they'd been set on fire.

When mom checked her temperature, it was 114 degrees. We knew instantly that something was wrong. And I was determined to find out.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Boys!" mom yelled up our long flight of stairs. "Breakfast."

Dylan was the fist one out of his room. I swear, the boy was like an eating machine.

When I finally came down the stairs, Angel was sitting at the table eating what was left of her breakfast.

"Don't you have an extreme fever?" I asked, sitting next to her.

"I fine." She quickly replied. I didn't understand why she was so shy. Mom told about the interrogation, and she was anything but shy then.

"So, just like that, you're fine? You had a fever that should have killed you and you're just fine?" Dylan asked, while stuffing his face full of eggs and toast.

"Wow, I can tell you take after your mother." She mumbled. I had to admit, we were interrogating her like my mother probably already had, but she was odd. Beautiful, but odd.

"Sorry. We are obnoxious I know." my mother stated.

"No, it's fine. I've just never had this long of a conversation with anyone." Angel replied. "Oh, um, by the way, I haven't been to school in a year, so your going to have to help me out a bit."

"Wow, ok. Well, I'm sure the boys will help. Won't you?" mom asked. She was giving us her 'do it or I'll ground you' look, so we agreed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Angel's P.O.V.

It took us exactly one hour to get dressed, eat breakfast and go to school. I didn't have any clothes, so I had to wear the same thing I wore the night before. It might've been a little inappropriate, but I just lost my family and house. I think they can deal with it for a few days.

I had four classes with Alec, and two with Dylan, so I was set school wise, but relationship wise, I think I freaked them out a little.

But, I mean, come on. I couldn't exactly tell them that the reason I burned their sheets was because I can shoot flames from my hands. That would not be a good welcoming present.

My life would be harder from now on, but I'd find a way to get through it. I always did.