[Bittersweet Melody] Granger x F!reader

Hi i'm back from my grave y'all and have this edgy boi as per someone's request, i don't remember lmao

It might be a bit short so i apologize in advance

Enjoy!

******************************************

How long has it been? He had lost track of time. Yet he could never erase his fond memories of her. One simplistic girl from his childhood. He was just finished his work when he laid down under a tree,taking a rest closing his eyes. Lustrous h/c hair,e/c eyes that glitter under the moonlight. Her fingers plucking the strings of a tiny harp. She goes by the name Y/N. An orphan just like him,taken by the monastery.

Despite all the similarities they had,she was nothing like him. Her eyes weren't so dull and she tried to cheer him up in any way possible,much to the other's surprise since he did push pretty much everyone away. Upon deciding their path,he picked both gun and violin which surprised everyone. The girl was fond of both music and magic,which surprised even him as well. She parted ways with him,a harp in hand as she disappear into the woods.

"I wonder where she is now."

And as if the gods heard his wish a faint sound of harp hummed through the empty forest. Granger shot his head up and frantically looked around. He found a glimpse of a hooded figure running across. The harp in hand all too familiar for him. He grabbed his case and his gun and went after whoever the hell that person was. As soon as the person saw him,they picked up their pace.

"Hey,wait!"

But as he intend to continue his pursue of the mysterious figure,he lost them upon their arrival at the imperial capital. The crowds by the marketplace were too much for him to find the hooded figure. About ten minutes of looking around and aimlessly wandering later he finnaly gave up and decided to go take another mission. He walked to the office to take another hunting work. Harith and Nana was just sitting by the corner with Miya,while Alucard was nowhere to be seen. Probably already off for another work. He lazily took whatever was on the board before he took off.

"Is it me or does he look a bit more irritated than usual?" Nana asked.

"It's granger we're talking about. He's irritated about life itself." Harith sneer in response.

"It does seems like something is bothering him though." Miya looked at his somewhat strange expression one last time before Granger walked out the door.

-timeskip-

It's been days,and yet he couldn't stop thinking if it was truly her that he saw that day. Even Alucard had noticed the slight change. The blonde approached him,intending to figure out what's been bothering the other guy for a while now.

"You seem out of focus these days." Alucard started

"I'm not."

"Really? Then explain you missing a lot more shots than usual." He smirked upon the silent response.

"Speaking of which,the Monyian empire were requesting backup from a traveling bard?" Nana chimed in with her usual out of the topic questions.

Miya and Harith both looked at the demon hunter,a little surprised,while Granger just gave him a 'wtf' look. Alucard shrugged in response. It was very unusual,heck they never request assistance from anyone other than the ranks of the best knights and warriors. Not even wild hunters were often a choice,let alone a bard. Alucard laughed when he heard Nana mentioned the topic.