Chapter 15: Silver (Collin)

Start from the beginning

He laid his head against the doorframe. "He's not a slave. I submitted the report this morning. Milo is my mate and your son-in-law so you might want to be nice to the dad of your future grandpups."

"Like hell will I let this happen." Her fur stood up. "I don't care if he has some weird anomalies that might magically result in something. That is not how our family does things. We don't mate slave, sub, or any omega you think is cute. It ruined our family line once and will not happen again."

He slammed the door in her face and flipped the lock. I poked my head out. My ears fell to the side as I saw the tension in the black werewolf's body.

"Col—Collin?"

Turning around, he gave me a sad smile. "Sorry. She was walking a fine line and I was worried I might do something if she kept talking." He walked over to the bed. "How are you feeling?"

I shook my head.

"It's your jaw, right?" He cupped my cheek. "It usually the jaw and feet that hurt the most. They go through the most changes." He brushed back my head fur. "I made a hot bath for you. It'll help loosen up your muscles."

My tail thumped the mattress. It startled me and made Collin laugh.

"I'm starting to think Axil wasn't giving me a load of bullshit about you have a little werewolf in you. You were always too honest, even for a human." Collin carefully picked me up and took me to the bathroom. He stopped in front of the mirror. "You're very handsome, Milo."

I sat up and looked myself over. I liked it. I even had a bit of white on my forehead. "Do you like it?" I whispered.

He nuzzled my neck. "I love it. Grays and silver have always been a part of my family. You fit right in." Collin took me to the tub and stepped into the water.

It was big enough for us both. The water was dangerously close to the top as we settled down into it. Collin flicked the drain knob with his foot to let some of it out. The warmth was a welcome comfort. I snuggled up against Collin and let my eyes close.

"I need to take pictures of you later for the pack record."

"I'm a werewolf now," I whispered. "It's so strange to be one of you."

"Things may change a bit for us now," he breathed. "Judah isn't going to let me stay here much longer now that I have you. My excuse for not wanting to go was because I didn't have a mate." Collin groaned. "Whatever, I'll figure it out once I get back from training."

"What should I do when you gone?"

Collin tightened his hold on me. "I'll tell the slaves to bring your meals to the room. I have a word with my mother, as well, and tell her to leave you alone. You're my mate. An attack on is the same as one on me."

That was the best thing I had ever heard. I knew Collin was a strong werewolf before but now I could sense it and now he was now my mate.

"You seem really happy." He carefully washed my face.

"I am. For once, I feel safe." I curled into his chest.

My foot hit the side of the tub. I yelped as pain vibrated up my leg.

Collin positioned me to the side of him and massage my calves.

"Aw." I gripped the side.

"Oh, Milo." He patted my head between my ears. "That's such a sad face. We have to stretch out your muscles or you won't get any better."

I whined.

"Milo, I'm fine with carrying around but if you want to walk by yourself, we need to work on these feet." He took my foot in his hands and softly massage them.

It hurt but was bearable.

He traded to the other one and did the same thing. "I think that's enough. I can't take much more of this sad face." Lifting my muzzle, he bumped his nose against mine. "Are they feel better?"

"A little."

"I'm going to get out and dry off. Wait here and soak a bit more."

Collin stood and stepped out. Water ran off his fur toward a drain in the middle of the floor. He turned on the water and checked it. "Turn it off when it's full."

The temperature started to increase. I drew my legs in close and tentatively massaged my ankle. I didn't put nearly as much pressure as Collin did and they still ached. They were a reminder of the night before. My body had gone through such a drastic change. I ran my hands long my furry arms. Collin had shifted to human and was drying his hair. How did a werewolf change forms? I was forced to. I rested my chin on the edge of the tub. Water dripped from my muzzle. With all this fur it was going to take hours to dry off.

I let out a sigh. This might be the one disadvantage of becoming a werewolf.