Dakota made Sam watch that movie four times before she finally fell asleep, but that was only their first movie night

 Dakota made Sam watch that movie four times before she finally fell asleep, but that was only their first movie night. Once a week, Sam would tell Dean go hangout at a bar and he and Dakota would have a movie night, whatever movie he could rent for the week. 

Before Dakota fell asleep, she turned to Sam and nuzzled her head into his shoulder. She wrapped her arms around him and tiredly mumbled. 

"Thank you, Sammy." 

"I don't know what to do

"I don't know what to do." Sam muttered to Dakota's body, his hand held her still one, her skin was still warm. "Kota...why'd you do that? Why'd you push me out of the way?" 

He half hoped that she would give him an answer, tell him that she loved him. Yet, she remained still and lifeless. 

He was about to open his mouth again but he heard a car engine. He scrambled to his feet and peered out of the grimy old window, and spotted the truck from earlier. 

"Oh, no. No no no." He mumbled. 

Before he could process what was happening, a loud gasp broke the air. He wheeled around and spotted Dakota as she jerked upward with a breath. She started to cough and choke, Sam crumpled to his knees beside her. He helped her sit up as she gasped for air, he rubbed her back and pressed his head against hers. 

"Kota." He whispered, brakes squeaked near the cabin, making Sam tense up. "We gotta move." 

Dakota whimpered painfully.

"I know, bug, I know." Sam said quietly, he lifted her up under her arms and she stumbled on her feet, her hands pressed on her stomach tightly. 

"S-Sammy." She muttered in pain, he shushed her gently and half carried her towards a door, one that lead toward the basement. 

Sam checked over his shoulder as Dakota took a careful step in through the doorway. She continued to watch her feet before suddenly she lost her balanced and went tumbling down the flight of stairs. 

"Dakota!" Sam called out, as he rushed after her. Dakota curled in a wall and groan, Sam helped her to her feet as cabin door creaked open. He covered her mouth with one hand and held her up with his other one. "Do you have a knife?"